Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Endeavor (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-endeavor-15/)
-   -   Why Does My AC shut down??? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-endeavor-15/why-does-my-ac-shut-down-19306/)

Manybrews 08-08-2007 08:49 PM

RE: Why Does My AC shut down???

ORIGINAL: DavidE

I stopped by the dealer to pick up my car this morning and asked about the fan speed. They tried different speeds, so I suggested that they leave it on "1" and see if that brings up the problem. I figured it wouldn't hurt to leave it with them for a third day if they had something new to try.

They said that the '04s had an issue with reading the incorrect air temperature, but the '06's don't.
If it's a known issue, is there a TSB or some Mitsu document I could suggest they review?

Thanks for your assistance.

I don't have the Limited, so I don't have a display of outside air temperature.
not sure what TSB they're reading... They should be reading 06-55-002rev.
PM me an email and Ill send you the PDF of it. Give them the number and they can look it up.
Im not sure if the part number for the control head is the same for the two different control heads, as the bulletin only lists one.

[IMG]local://upfiles/96/91FFE21F49964490A9797DDBE8C5F5BF.jpg[/IMG]

DavidE 08-08-2007 09:36 PM

I wonder why they couldn't come up with that TSB...

Thanks!

DavidE 08-09-2007 09:38 AM

Many thanks to Many Brews. I took the TSB to the dealer today and they didn't know why they did not come up with it in three days of trying to address the issue.

They are ordering the part and will call me when it comes in.

Thanks!

DavidE 08-11-2007 01:06 PM

I took a 1.5 hour trip today and the ac shut off (like usual) on the way back. I can't wait for the new part to come in. Only happens in fan position one when driving at highway speeds for a good period of time.

AKILEZ 08-22-2007 03:16 PM

you need a new compressor

Sebba 08-22-2007 03:27 PM

Manybrews has been a Mitsu Tech for 15 years.... someone is feeding you bull****

nick81 08-22-2007 05:04 PM

my A/C shuts off on hot and humid days. it will work for sometime and then it just blows warm air even though the light is on. it will kick on for like a minute or so sometimes. [i dont know if it is a coincidence but on 2 of those days i was running errands and it started happening after i stopped the 2nd time] what could be the problem?

Sebba 08-22-2007 05:24 PM

Couldbe your low on refridgerant or your compressor is going

DavidE 08-23-2007 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: AKILEZ

you need a new compressor
Did you not read the TSB posted above? It's NOT the compressor.

DavidE 09-30-2007 11:57 PM

After giving my Mitsu dealer the TSB provided by ManyBrews, they ordered and then installed the part. I've had it for a while since the repair and no more problems!!!

Thanks MANY BREWS!!!