Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

woohoo lets get things started!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Default woohoo lets get things started!

well, I think the endeavor peeps have got to start a support community somewhere. I don't have and Endeavor yet, but when I do get one im sure gonna need some help about upgrading the stereo system and other what nots.Alsothis being a new car, we need to keep eachother up todate on technicalproblems and issues.</P>

</P>

Old 05-17-2004, 09:24 PM

Heh am I the only one who has one at the moment?

So far I'm still very pleased with it but have not gotten to far into upgrading it and was looking for ideas here. I know now that I want to add the grill guard but I was interested more on hearing ideas on what to do with the interior it's great as is but I wanted to see maybe what others have done. Originally I went in to buy the Evo but decided I needed to start being a little more practical and comfort was high up on my priority list. That and I really liked the endeavor's style.

Old 05-19-2004, 02:06 AM

hey, how long have you had your endeavor? Any problems so far? I"ve been really wondering why I haven't been seeing more around. I test drove it and it drives great and looks baddass. I've also been thinking about what I would do to the interior as well. Maybe some way to integrate GPS. I'm debating whether to get the sun roof or not. Also whether to wait until the 2004.5s become available. It seems as if all the local dealers only have the 2004's in stock. <edited><editID>ironfigner</editID><editDate>38126.0055555556</editDate></edited>

Old 05-19-2004, 08:16 PM

Well I am coming up on my first month owning it so not to long. I was curious why they went with such a big display for the radio and ac but didn't put some kind of gps or map system in it. I have had no problems with it yet the only thing I can think of that I would change with how it drives is when the transmission decides to shift sometimes. When going up a hill and I wanted the extra power I noticed it took a bit longer than I expected for it to downshift but then again thats what the sport shift is for. Also I have never owned an automatic so it might just be me not used to them.

Old 05-20-2004, 02:29 AM

hey,</P>

I think thats normal downshifting behaviorfor an auto. Yup, the sportronic would be ideal in that situation. As for the display, I have a feeling they'll put one in a few years down the line. Hey I have a question for you, are there any bad blind spots? Can you get by with just using the side mirrors?</P>

</P>

Thanks</P>

Old 05-20-2004, 03:55 PM

All cars have some blind spot so I don't recomend ever changing lanes without giving a look over the shoulder. I have gone from a low to the ground convertable to an SUV though and I don't think the blind spots are bad at all you have windows pretty much all around so you just have to be carefull of really small cars (like my old convertable) that might sneak up next to you.

Old 05-20-2004, 04:23 PM

yeah i know what you mean about the convertable thing. I used to have an eclipse spyder(current generation) and the blind spots on that thing were horrible. The rear view window must have been the size of a shoe box.It was pretty muchtoo dangerous to drive with the top up. I actually ditched the car because of it (it alsohadafaulty sportronic transmission). So I guess compared to that, an SUV would be much better. I've been looking up those tow hitch cameras that will turn on whenin reverse, giving you a better view when backing up. Also thinking about getting a huge *** rearview mirror. <edited><editID>ironfigner</editID><editDate>38127.5998958333</editDate></edited>

Old 05-20-2004, 04:49 PM

Now that you mention it I remember one of the first things I thought when I test drove the endeavor was that it seemed like the rear view mirror should be bigger.

Old 05-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Default RE: woohoo lets get things started!

hey guys!!! Finally an Endy forum. I hear what your saying about being the only owner...I have had mine since June '03 and I SWEAR I did not see another on the road (East of LA) for more than 3 months. Recently starting to see a few more on the road. But go up north 100 miles to Antelope Vally and you'll see 3 or 4 everytime you drive more than a few miles. Weird [&:]

Anyway I am just wanted to say HI for now...and to wish you new owners all the success I have had. Getting on a year and virtually NO problems at all. No rattles, no squeaks, no nothing.

Old 05-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Default RE: woohoo lets get things started!

yeah, in my neck of the woods(san diego CA) I don't see very many. I think I saw 2 in the last 2 weeks. They could be the same ones though. My commute is pretty much limited to a 9 mile radius though. Well, actually, I drove up to LA last weekend and didn't see any at all. I see tons and tons of highlanders and muranos and a few honda pilots. My second choice of SUV would be the VUE, and I'm seeing those on almost every corner. I really hope sales pick up. It's just too good of an SUV not to be successful.

Quick Reply: woohoo lets get things started!