Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Evolution (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-evolution-50/)
-   -   BOV Time (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-evolution-50/bov-time-27387/)

XTREME 05-07-2008 03:15 PM

BOV Time

Okay, along with my FP green and GSC S1 cams I'm now installing an Aquamist HFS-1 system and I'm going to need a better BOV than the stock IX can handle. I plan to run around 26psi - 30psi of boost. Two questions, does anybody want my stock BOV? Second, I need a good BOV that can handle the boost my car will be running, any ideas? I'm not really interested in the swoosh sound although I don't mind if it is dual vent.

Sebba 05-07-2008 04:51 PM

RE: BOV Time

Tial has awesome BOV's, and they are supposed to be developing one you can recirculate. Not sure if it is available yet though.

There is also the Greddy Type RS that you can get a recirculation kit for too.

The HKS SSQV that I hear gets great compressor surge lol.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

EMonz57 05-07-2008 05:55 PM

aps deul vent is good to 30psi. but you need to tephlon tape the VAC nipple. otherwise out of box it is good to 27PSI or so

Rob 05-08-2008 12:02 PM

You can sell those stock evo IX diverters on evom all day.
May i ask why your still running the maf with that set-up?
What are you tuning with?

XTREME 05-08-2008 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob

I will probably sell the IX BOV on ebay or evom once I get the new one. I'm still running the stock maf because I don't see a significant reason to run anything else. I'm tuning with ECUFLASH and mitsulogger right now but once I get the water/meth injection and BOV I'm going to send logs to jestrtuning and have them tune my car.

EMonz57 05-09-2008 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: XTREME

ORIGINAL: Rob

I will probably sell the IX BOV on ebay or evom once I get the new one. I'm still running the stock maf because I don't see a significant reason to run anything else. I'm tuning with ECUFLASH and mitsulogger right now but once I get the water/meth injection and BOV I'm going to send logs to jestrtuning and have them tune my car.
Umm the AEM will yeild MUCH better results on your car and setup. plus the MAF is kinda junk after 500HP I wouldnt want to keep going on it. I know people make high 500s on them but your getting in danger zone up there. Ive seen a few people suck the maf screenup into the turbo

XTREME 05-09-2008 06:00 PM

Can you provide some links on the MAF issue so I can do some reading?

EMonz57 05-09-2008 06:40 PM

Its not an issue. it just doesnt flow very well at high HP. and the guts at times can break loose and be sucked in.