Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

clutch job hell !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 06:54 AM
Default clutch job hell !!

okay, after 7 hours straight of non stop clutch action on my evo 8 05, every thing is pretty much done. All i need is the c.v joints, and driveshaft. and a couple of other stuff like downpipe etc. What i need to know is what type of oil i need for the transmission, and transfercase. EXACTLY.

i should finish it tonight. so a quick answer would be lovely!

i cant get to a mitsubishi dealership, becuase its far away, so i need to know if mobil 1 or w.e i can work with

THANKSSSSSSS!

Old 06-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Default RE: clutch job hell !!

Diaqueen for the t case and rear diff

and for the tranny BG syncroshift II (you can get the gear oil for the tranny from buschur) i just ordered some for mine actually. and the diaqueen im still looking for.I got one place but it only has one option and its for the 03 04 t case with out ACD

Old 06-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

i still dont think it matters that it says LSD on it. But here is the link from lancer shop
http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...at=56&page=

that says for 8 or 9. Then there is the place that has it cheaper
http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/?section=457

From what ive researched i can find anything that says this is the wrong stuff and that there is something else. The manual states to only use Mitsubishi genuine gear oil GL-5 which this is. QTY on it is 0.58 Qt.
But i still havent seen anything that says diaqueen without LSD. So i dont know if it matters.

EDIT: maybe try and call a dealership and see if the LSD gear oil is the correct stuff.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:18 AM

so i HAVE to use oem parts, a.k.a i have to wait days to order it. Do you guys know if maybe i can pick some specific gear oil from the autoparts store near by? maybe oil made by mobil, or pennzoil?

just out of curiosity, cuz its really gonna suck, having to wait three more days untill i can finish this clutch

Old 06-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

well those are the ones that everyone reccomends buying because they are the best for the car. But im sure mobil makes the right stuff as well if you want to use those. The t-case and rear diff should be Hyphoid (sp/?) SAE 90 API classification GL-5 gear oil. So if mobil makes then then i guess it should be fine. And the tranny fluid should be SAE 75W-90 API classification GL-4 (2.9 qts)

Old 06-19-2007, 04:08 PM

Call Westboro mitsubishi in westboro MA. Ask for Bill in the parts dept. Tell him you are a member of the EVOM forum and you get 25percent off.............your welcome

Old 06-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Chris he was saying he didnt want to have to wait for it to be delivered

Old 06-21-2007, 08:08 AM

Oh sorry !!!! Must have been my "selective reading". I was just trying to save him a few $$$$$

Old 06-24-2007, 04:47 AM

well, i said screw it, and went and took the 20 minute drive and got the t-case oil and tranny fluid, both for 120 bucks. I know thats kind of expensive. but w.e. I didn't exactly have all day, and i wanted my car now!. lol anyway, i have a question. I've double checked everything, all the sensors, yet now when i start my car, all three lights turn on ( tarmac, gravel, snow). And stay on.. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on!!!
i think it may have to do with no bleeding the t-case enough maybe?

Or something electrical, cuz i remember the three lights turning on when i was installing my turbo timer. I dont know, maybe i did something wrong. any suggestions would be lovely.

graciiiassssssss!!!!

Old 06-24-2007, 08:23 AM

did you put the right T case fluid in for an ACD LSD center diff.

Quick Reply: clutch job hell !!