Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

ECU Flash

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Default ECU Flash

Does anybody here have any experience with ECUFlash. A couple of days ago I purchased a tactrix cable and downloaded ECUFLASH to my laptop. I attempted to connect my laptop to my Evo and download the map but received a message that said, "No Response." I did some research under Google and found out I need to download the ECU unlocker and run it first. I'm going to try again tonight...

My plan is to download a map from Jestr Tuning that uses 100 octane gasoline and keep my WORKS P2 map. Later on I'll create a map for valet (limit the speed to 30mph) and then a gas mileage map. Before doing this I need to purchase a Wideband; anybody now where I can get a good deal on one?

Old 03-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Default RE: ECU Flash

Got my wideband from Tearstone. I paid $250 shipped back a year ago or so... but the price it alittle more cause that was a GB running at the time. but call him up and order with him he ships fast

Old 03-23-2007, 08:20 PM

how are you gonna be able to have all those different settings on your ecu??? Do you somehow run a toggle switch to which one you want to run or do you have to hook up to the computer and change the settings all the time??

Old 03-23-2007, 11:39 PM

Well, I was able to download my WORKS P2 map after running the ECU unlocker application and it's definitely different from the stock Evo 9 map I have. Once I get the Jestr tune I'm going to compare and seethe differences. Hopefully,when I purchase a wideband I'll start creating my own custom tunes.

ORIGINAL: GotBoost

how are you gonna be able to have all those different settings on your ecu??? Do you somehow run a toggle switch to which one you want to run or do you have to hook up to the computer and change the settings all the time??
I'm going to have all the maps on my laptop and only upload the one I would like to use. There isn't a toggle switch to change between maps that I know of. You have to shut the car off, hook the laptop to the Evo using a tactrix cable, and then upload whichever map you're in the mood to use (100 octane, gas saver, all out race, custom...etc.). Another cool thing is the ability to log all of your track runs with EvoScan software. This assists in the tuning process for the home tuners. It logs knock count, a/f ratio, timing, and I believe boost in realtime and then you can adjust your maps from there.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:42 PM

Ive never looked into this stuff but do you have links to where to purchase and DL all the programs and the cables cause I would love this for my car and since ill need a lot of tuning in the very near future it would be awsome

Old 03-24-2007, 02:01 AM

If im not mistaken I believe thats what the tuner guy used when I did my road tune, it showed rpms, knock, boost everything. He was showing me and explaining what he was doing with the a/f and timing and stuff, but im not to computer smart with cars so I was a but lost lol but he explained most of it where i understood it.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:21 PM

Here are the items you will need to tune your Evo:

ECUFLASH Software - www.openecu.org(free)
OpenPort Cable (laptop to OBD2 port) - www.tactrix.com($89.00)
ECU Unlocker - www.aktivematrix.com(you'll have to register - it's free)
EvoScan (optional) - http://www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan/($15 - $25)

So, for around $110.00 you can tune your own Evo. However, from what I've read making "minor" adjustments is very important otherwise you could be purchasing another 4G63...!!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:52 AM

ALRIGHT HERES WHAT I DID ON MY EVO 9 MR, I SENT THE ECU TO MITISUBISHI DEALERSHIP WITH A NOTE SAYING "I WANT THE ECU THEY HAVE ON THE 400 HP EVO'S IN EUROPE SO MY CAR MAKES 400 HP" THEN I PUT 5 BUCKS IN WITH THE NOTE AND SURE ENOUGH THEY SENT IT BACK TO ME AND I PLUGED IT IN AND I WAS SMOKIN PORSHE 911 TURBOS/FORD GT'S MY BUDDYS SCION xA THAT WAS TURBO'D I ALSO BEAT MY NEMISIS THE "STI" MADE BY SUBARU IF ANY OF YOU HAVENT HEAR OF THOSE THEY ARE FU( |<IN FAST OMFG!!!!!!!!![:'(][:'(]

Old 04-01-2007, 02:56 AM

BS.... No mitsu dealer will reflash your ECU. and no way in hell for only $5. get a life

Old 04-01-2007, 04:58 AM

wow, that's an extremely credible story, completly beliveble.

Gus

Quick Reply: ECU Flash