Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Just Purchased Evo 9

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006 | 06:08 PM
Default Just Purchased Evo 9

I just purchased a 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution 9 and I came from a 1999 Civic Si (VTEC). All I can say is the Evo moves!!!! [8D] I was wondering if somebody could answer a few questions for me:

1. I'm thinking about purchasing the injen intake with the IC pipe...any thoughts?
2. I heard one of the common EVO problems is the carbon fiber spoiler turning yellow over time. I was reading my manual and it says to use a UV protectant wax. What brand has this?
3. I've been doing a little bit of searching for exhausts and I can't decide which one is the best. I know the 06 Evo 9 comes with 3 inch exhaust so would it just be better to take out the resonator or should the whole exhaust be replaced for more horsepower.

Old 03-14-2006 | 06:47 PM
Default RE: Just Purchased Evo 9

Ok injen make good stuff but I would have to say buy it... but more EVO guys stay away from intake because they cause mis readings by the MAS sometimes... my car runs fine so who knows.

My wing is starting to spot it is more of a white not yellow. also the brembos will turn white as well mine are really bad. I use mequuires wax and it works great.

and for exhaust I didnt know those came with 3 in. mine was 2.25 stick I think. I got megan turbo back sounds awsome (let meknow i can link videos of my exhaust here for ya)

main thing I would buy is an SAFC and have the car tuned I know in the VIIIs the tune was key to gas milage and power

Old 03-14-2006 | 08:26 PM

Here are a couple more questions, what is an SAFC? What is a downpipe? I did some looking at the Megan exhausts and didn't find much about them. If you could post a video or sound clip that would be great. Was it a bolt-on job or did you have to take it in to the dealer? Thanks for you assistance.

Old 03-14-2006 | 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: XTREME

Here are a couple more questions, what is an SAFC? What is a downpipe? I did some looking at the Megan exhausts and didn't find much about them. If you could post a video or sound clip that would be great. Was it a bolt-on job or did you have to take it in to the dealer? Thanks for you assistance.
the down pipe is the pipe that comes from the 02 housing\turbo and runs to the cat. the SAFC is a Super Air Flow Converter it is used to tune the air\fuel ratio in the motor

here are some links to thread that have videos in them
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_40914/tm.htm
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_42190/tm.htm
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_45674/tm.htm

Old 03-14-2006 | 09:29 PM

First Big Congrats on getting the Evo 9. I'm very jelious. Emonz is definatly right tuning is the way to unlock power and better fuel consumption.

Old 03-17-2006 | 12:37 PM

Okay, I'm getting the injen intake w/IC pipe and the Perrin Cat Back Exhaust and downpipe. I'm now looking at a Nitrous Express intercooler chiller kit. Does anybody have any feedback on these? Is this covered under warranty? I would think so because your not making any changes to the internal parts of the engine....right?

Old 03-17-2006 | 12:50 PM

Hey, where do you guys buy all your parts for your Evo's.

Old 03-17-2006 | 03:36 PM

your warrenty is never safe. Even with bolt ons some dealers with scrap the warrenty on you. It is all up to the dealer you go to.

I buy my guages from tearstone.com and My exhaust is from Megan Racing other than that I go for where ever I can find good prices. EVOm has alot of EVO stuff for sale all the time new and used

Old 03-20-2006 | 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, I'm getting the injen intake w/IC pipe and the Perrin Cat Back Exhaust and downpipe.
I have one question with this. That means that you are keeping your cat then or do they say the downpipe will replace it? If it keeps the cat then the exhaust probably isnt worth the money. Your better off buying an entire turbo back system like megan.

Old 03-20-2006 | 06:32 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Okay, I'm getting the injen intake w/IC pipe and the Perrin Cat Back Exhaust and downpipe.
I have one question with this. That means that you are keeping your cat then or do they say the downpipe will replace it? If it keeps the cat then the exhaust probably isnt worth the money. Your better off buying an entire turbo back system like megan.
huh??? even with the stock DP and CAT a CAt back is worth the money. desides if someone is buying A DP then they normally come with a test pipe or it is long enough to bypass the cat. Perrin is alot better known than Megan in the EVO world

Quick Reply: Just Purchased Evo 9