Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Looking to get a EVO 9

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Default Looking to get a EVO 9

Hey guys im new to this forum. I'm looking to get into either a evo 9. I currently drive a 05 srt-4 and I have had so much damn problems with it so im taking the dive for AWD! If I were to get a evo I would like around 300-320 whp. I was looking at the AMS Performance site and was considering the stage 1 or 2 upgrade's <---Which one would better for me? This will be my daily driver so I would like it to be realible. Thanks for any input!

P.S. What are the pro's and Cons of the evo 9? Thanks

Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Default RE: Looking to get a EVO 9

there are no real cons of the IX.I say go stage 2 since its going to put your car no where near the limit before its unreliable. The car can handle 530HP on the stock bottom end so yea youll be no where near that. these cars reaquire maintanence to be kept up. the TC and tranny oils need to be done every 6k if you want them to last.

BTW your not taking a 'dive' to AWD. going from awd to FWD thats taking a dive lol

Old 11-08-2007, 08:42 PM

going from a srt 4 to an evo is damn good choice . Ya i've raced a few srt 4's with my evo and hung with them , i'm stock and they had all this work done. plus awd launch's are pretty cool , but ya def listen to sebba and emonz57 they know there **** big time and if i got a question i look forward to their answers and i go by what they say . your def going to get an evo 9 brand new , make sure you give it 5000 miles before you really get on itand let the tc and tranny gears set themselves in right . used evo before doing anything change every fluid , aka , engine oil - mobile 1 10w-30 ,Transfer Case and rear endmitsu diaqueen lsd oil , and tranny oil i used the mitsu diaqueen multi gear that is used in the evo mr's 6 speed , but TRE / Team rip eng. highly recommeds this oil . oh ya and mobile 1 oil filter . its a good idea to do this cause you don't know when its been done last and be aware of your clutch too , they need adjustment or bleeding to get the air out. i know i had to adjust mine alittle and bleed it and now my car shifts so much smoother from 1st to 2nd and 3rd and down shifting is so much smoother too. evo 8 fuel pumps are alittle weaker and should be upgraded early in the modifing process. well thats all i got for now. good luck.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:49 PM

I wouldnt use mitsu fluid in the tranny. i use BF syncro mesh II and it shifts much much easier with that. and Buschur racing and AMS recommend it

Old 11-08-2007, 09:10 PM

Cool thanks guys for your info! Im really looking forward to the change!

Old 11-09-2007, 03:51 PM

Here is what Team rip states on their site.
Synchromesh gear oils
[blockquote]
While it has been found that the Synchromesh/shift type oils will improve the effectiveness of the synchronizers, allowing for faster shifts at higher rpms, this oil may not have enough film strength to ensure the longest gear and bearing life in a transmission that lives behind a high torque engine. If you are not making more than 250ft.lbs of torque or have a weak synchro, you may want to try the “Synchromesh /shift” type oils but change it much more frequently and start saving up for the rebuild.

[blockquote]
We strongly recommend using a GL-4 spec transmission oil in the Mitsubishi manual transmissions. This oil offers good protection for the gears and bearings against wear out. Do not use any oil that has a GL-5 rating in the transmission, for these oils will not give the best shift quality because the GL-5 rating is too slippery for the synchronizers to be effective for high rpm shifts.
There are several GL-4 gear oils on the market for you to choose from. Redline MTL is excellent for daily drivers & weekend warriors while Redline MT-90 is recommended for road racing type service. Both of these oils have proven themselves as a worthy oil for those who want to shift fast, yet are also looking for long service life from their transmission. There are concerns about using Redline's Shockproof gear oil inside manual transmissions. While this is an excellent product, it has been found that the heavy paraffin particles are quickly centrifuged out of the oil and build up inside the center diff housing and around the synchronizers and inside of the gearshafts. After several oil changes this build up may block of the oiling passages inside the gearshafts that lubricate the needle bearings, therefore we do not suggest using Shockproof in the transmission.
Another transmission oil that works very well is Diaqueen Super Multi part # MZ313376 and it available at the Mitsubishi dealer. While this oil is strictly specified for the EVO-MR 6 speed transmission, it works great in the 5 speed transmission and we highly recommend it.

http://www.teamrip.com/manual_transm...tion_info.html

Hey emonz57 not trying say your wrong , but just going by what these guys say since they have done nothing but work on DSM trannies and TC's. [/blockquote]
[/blockquote]

Old 11-09-2007, 09:25 PM

and buschur and AMS have 1000HP low 8 sec cars.... I think they know what is best fo theese cars over almost anyone in the world. I ask David buschur and Nick. Guess what they use lol. I will follow them

Old 11-10-2007, 07:35 AM

I hear what your saying and totaly follow ya . I'm not trying to start anything with ya . I think ur pretty smart when it comes to evo's and you give good advice. i'm just throwing out there what i've read from team rip. not trying to say your wrong and i'm right . I'm still a newbie when it comes to see's cars . its nothing like my 99 gst eclipse. Well sorry if it seemed like i was trying to start anything. don't want to bad blood here.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:31 AM

No bad blood. everyone has there on opinion. I personally have never herd of team rip unless it is Ripp modds. Only 4g63 places id listen to are RRE, buschur, and AMS. all of which apparently are alot more well known then this team rip guys. and like I said running low 8s and 1000hp Evos I think it is easy to take there advise lol

Old 11-10-2007, 12:30 PM

http://www.teamrip.com/index.htmlhere is there site if you wanna check them out.

Quick Reply: Looking to get a EVO 9