Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Evolution (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-evolution-50/)
-   -   want to buy Evo (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-evolution-50/want-buy-evo-16290/)

jc03oz 01-29-2007 10:01 PM

want to buy Evo

whats going on guys i plan on buying an evo i want to no if there is anything to do to get a lower price on one i thought i would ask u guys for any tips or your oppinions i want to trade in my 03 oz i dont plan on buyin new cant really afford it, but i definitely am gettin one 03 to 05 im sick of gettin smoked by my buddies 06 mustang gt and his dad talkin sh*t that his 86 grand national runnin 21psi will smoke an evo no matter what i do to it, but i think diffrently, any info or oppinions are appreciated thanks guys.

soundcolor 01-29-2007 10:04 PM

RE: want to buy Evo

yeah, go in with a price your willing to pay. as long as your reasonable, you can most often get a good price.
Also, if they are trying to play the asshole game of going back and forth, leave your number, and walk out.
THEY WILL CALL BACK
they need your buisness, you dont need their car.
also, now is a good time to buy, buisness is slow, and they need sales
good luck

EMonz57 01-29-2007 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: jc03oz

whats going on guys i plan on buying an evo i want to no if there is anything to do to get a lower price on one i thought i would ask u guys for any tips or your oppinions i want to trade in my 03 oz i dont plan on buyin new cant really afford it, but i definitely am gettin one 03 to 05 im sick of gettin smoked by my buddies 06 mustang gt and his dad talkin sh*t that his 86 grand national runnin 21psi will smoke an evo no matter what i do to it, but i think diffrently, any info or oppinions are appreciated thanks guys.
2 things. How much can you afford to pay? and what is done to the GNX? I bet it is prob a real beast even though you should tell him there are a handfull of Evos running 8 sec 1\4 miles now.

Now on to what I did to get my cars price down.

I had been searching for months apon months I had a 2002 Eclipse Spyder GT with 42k on it and it was loaded wanted to trade for and Evo I only owned the Spyder 6 months so I had to bite the bullet BUT Here is what happend I lived in Tampa Fl I found a Red 2003 Evo with 2600 miles on it at a dealer over in Daytona(about 2hoursdrive or more) for sale listed on autotrader for $21,995 so I printed it and called and was willing to pay that price for it cause it was about $6k cheaper than the average Evo with even 21,000 miles on them. So I called and it sold the day before. My next step is I found within this same day a Black Evo FS in clearwater which was very local it had 11,000 miles on it and was listed for sale at $26,995 So I went in talked breifly looked at the car made sure it was NOT modified cause and made sure it was NEVEr modified then returned to stock, I wanted a stock Evo to start with. Well they wanted the car gone but I told them I would come back and talk business later. I waited a week and went back with the print out of the Red one that was FS for 21,995 and said if they wouldnt match the price I was buying from the other dealership. They said to me "Well that is a far drive" and I told back well it does have lower miles on it, and id didnt care about the drive to go get it but if they matched I would settle for a Evo with a few more miles since it saved me a whole day of driving. well after about an hour they decided to go for it and also hook me up with a 3.9% rate which is not common to get. All because they new I would take the car that day and they wanted the sale. So I got the price dwn from $26996 to $21995 so I got $5,000 off what they were asking:D to this day I am still happy with the car and the deal I got on it since my Book value is still worth around what I paid

oh and for what it is worth I got that deal almost 2 years ago when it was uncommon to see and Evo for sale for less than $25k used

jc03oz 01-30-2007 12:12 AM

thanks emonz i will keep that in mind my buddies stang runs low 13s with an intake and mild tune his dad runs in the low elevens but he babys it down the track because its a GN that wins shows all the time as far as i no the engine has been totally rebuiltand hes runnindrag radials not sure exactly whats done to it he dosent really tell anyone wich is smart but im going to have to find out if i ever want to run him down.As far as what im willing to spend im not to sure yet just wanted to get oppinons but i am willing to put 10gs down at the most if i finance

EMonz57 01-30-2007 01:34 AM

well put it this way a Evo IX with simple bolt ons can acheive mid 11s with like $2000 in mods. My car (2003 VIII) should be able to get a mid 12 with about $900 but I pay little money for what I have its valued on average around $1500 or so but even still you can get those times really really easy. with little to no work at all and it doesnt stop there

jc03oz 01-30-2007 08:02 PM

Thanks bro im goin to go look at a few this weekend ill keep u updated hopefully ill come home with a smile from ear to ear

L8R

EMonz57 01-30-2007 08:12 PM

Im pulling for you

GotBoost 01-31-2007 07:23 PM

GL

Mike21 02-02-2007 01:09 PM

How many miles does your OZ rally edition have and how much do u owe? Cause I bought my OZ brand new in Oct 2004, got a good deal $14,200 brand new. One year later, Oct 2005, I had serious lust for an Evo. I posted my OZ on cars.com and two other websites. A Mitsu dealer actually called me saidhe saw my car online and wanted to buy it from me to sell to a customer. I told them if I traded my OZ in I want an Evo, and he agreed to work with me. Becausemy OZonly had about 13K miles, and I only owed about 12,400, and it was the end of the year with mitsu trying to get the new IX's in, I got a special 2.9 interest rate.I did have mydad co-sign for me even though he was halfway around the world but I only put down $1Kdown payment, also got them to pay off the loan on the OZ so nothing rolled over. So I got my 2005 Evo VIIIbrand new. You jus got to play it right, along with the right timing.

ORIGINAL: jc03oz

jc03oz 02-02-2007 09:48 PM

its an 03 with 39,000 and i owe 11,000 on it