Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

why did u buy an Evo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Default why did u buy an Evo?

Whats up guys? I'm jus curious to know, well out of all the cars in the world, why was the Evo your choice???

Old 02-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Default RE: why did u buy an Evo?

This is a pretty funny story..... My son came home one night and told me they had one at the dealership. They also, would not let him within 50' of it. I am ( or used to be ) from the old motorhead school of road runners and hemi cuda's etc. So he dragged me to the dealer figuring they would let me take it for a test ride, which I did. I was so impressed with the car that I bought it that night. On the way home, my son way like " Hey dad thats awsome!!!!! You didnt even check with Mom first!!!!" [sm=oopssign.gif][sm=oopssign.gif][sm=oopssign.gif]. So the next day we picked it up and it was in the driveway when she got home from work. She came in and said" Hey thats a nice car, who's is it? " I was like Ummmmm OURS!!!!! So you can probably guess what happened next [sm=bicker.gif].
Actually, she didnt really mind. Shes the best..She did, however just place am order for her new Saturn Sky Redline. I guess I can't really complain. At least she ordered a TURBO!!!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 12:52 PM

Potencail....... and a test drive.

I wanted and STi in the worst way. well that is untill the day I test drove an Evo. Holy god five minutes and the car was sold

Old 02-04-2007, 08:20 PM
ntx

As a fan of world rally,I knewI was going to get either the WRX or EVO when they made it to the United States. I test drove both, but liked the EVO better. For the money, I dont think there is a better all around vehicle out there.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:46 PM

I think the real question is why wouldn't an Evo be our choice? Hmmm....fast, fun, body style, boooost, affordability, warranty....did I mention fast??

Old 02-05-2007, 01:32 AM

I always liked evos for the longest but couldnt afford it, eventually I saved the money up and since the car I had would have costed about 10grand to fix all the problems with it, it gave me an excuse to buy the evo, plus I couldnt pass the opportunity to buy a 05 evo for 21,900 with only 1900miles on it, I dont think anyone would pass it up, I am 110% happier with this car than my boosted v6 mustang i had.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

^^wow thats an amazing deal.

And FOG nice story. So was your son actually planning on getting one, or did he just want a joy ride?

Old 02-05-2007, 06:14 PM

because their really easy to work on, as oppose to the sti, or most sports car for that matter.And their really fun on corners. I guess you just have to drive one to know why.

as for the v6 mustang on boost. i think you have your principles alittle mixed up. v6 mustangs are economy cars made for people who dont want to waste money on gas and performance. yet still want the body style.If you wanted to go fast, half built mustang gts, on boost, done correctly are a 10 second setup. but i'll let you do your homework.

Gus

Old 02-05-2007, 09:33 PM

I did all 4 years of high school in Japan, and got really into going fast when I was there. I saw the Evolution VI and VII and heard about what they could do. I also saw some GT-Rs (which I loved), but always wanted an Evo, so you can imagine how thrilled I was when the came to the States.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: ComposeEvo

because their really easy to work on, as oppose to the sti, or most sports car for that matter.And their really fun on corners. I guess you just have to drive one to know why.

as for the v6 mustang on boost. i think you have your principles alittle mixed up. v6 mustangs are economy cars made for people who dont want to waste money on gas and performance. yet still want the body style.If you wanted to go fast, half built mustang gts, on boost, done correctly are a 10 second setup. but i'll let you do your homework.

Gus

what the hell?????? Did you even read what I posted??? Do you even know how many boosted v6 mustangs are out there???? Many people like in my case buy the v6 to get away from insurance prices, plus i couldnt afford the v8 at the time, just because you say are car is meant for one thing doesnt mean you cant do something else with it, plus the aftermarket parts for the v6 is huge. My mustang stock dyno'd at 140ish hp, but by the time I was done with it it made over 300hp to the wheels and around 320tq. Yeah it wasnt a v8 but I did what i could with the money that i had. But serioisly we were talking about our reasons for buying the evo, so why would you even make a remark like that?

Quick Reply: why did u buy an Evo?