Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Galant (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-galant-13/)
-   -   "Diamond ATF SP-II" (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-galant-13/%22diamond-atf-sp-ii%22-18598/)

chisa 05-03-2007 01:21 AM

"Diamond ATF SP-II"

:DHi. New here & actually new galant owner (used '99). Just checked the fluids for first time & my tranny fluid is low. After stopping at numerous auto supply stores Ifound I could not find "Diamond ATF SP-II"at any of these places. Was told by all they did not know what a compatible/comparable fluid would be. After a google search I saw debates about using anything other than the recommended. Any thoughts?? I would appreciate it. I think its BS that I have to buy tranny fluid from the dealer only! Am I correct on this. Thanks!

samir007 05-08-2007 06:13 PM

RE: "Diamond ATF SP-II"

[8D]Hi there,
I am new to this forum but I have a Mitsubishi Galant YR. 99 and had it for a little more then a year. When I change my ATF Fluid I use the DEXRON III from Chevron and has worked very good with my transmission system so therefore it is a very good option.

All the best,

Samir

Manybrews 05-08-2007 08:13 PM

there is NO fluid that you should use but for mitsu SPF 3 (the SPF 2 has been out of production for years).

get it at the dealer. Using anything else is trouble.

chisa 05-09-2007 08:53 PM

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the feedback. I did go buy the atf right from a Mitsubishi dealer, although it was a big inconvenience cause the hours they are open is basically the hours that I work! But I managed. Unfortunately, at this point I'm not having a real high opinion of Mitsubishi or my Galant. I've had it just a few weeks and its been at the dealer twice. Last week cost me $688. and its back there right now & its probably gonna be another $800. So obviously I'm not real happy! Is this normal or am I just one of the unlucky few?

Manybrews 05-10-2007 05:24 PM

you bought a used car thats 8 years old. you will have to spend money on it, regardless of make.

my 97 diamante has 201000 miles on it with only normal maintenence.

chisa 05-10-2007 08:55 PM

Understandably because of the age you would expect to have to pay some money BUT its a 1998 with 140,000 miles thatI bought it from someone I know took pretty good care of it & had it serviced regularly.$1,500 in less than 2 weeks & then being told that it will need another$1,200. minimum in work in the near future. Come on! I feel liked I'm getting raped by this dealer. And it leaves a kinda sour taste in my mouth. I know alot of people here love their Mitsubishis & understand I mean no disrespect but can you blame me for for feeling this way? Not a good start, ya know? Thanks again for the feedback.

Manybrews 05-12-2007 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: chisa

Understandably because of the age you would expect to have to pay some money BUT its a 1998 with 140,000 miles thatI bought it from someone I know took pretty good care of it & had it serviced regularly.$1,500 in less than 2 weeks & then being told that it will need another$1,200. minimum in work in the near future. Come on! I feel liked I'm getting raped by this dealer. And it leaves a kinda sour taste in my mouth. I know alot of people here love their Mitsubishis & understand I mean no disrespect but can you blame me for for feeling this way? Not a good start, ya know? Thanks again for the feedback.
think about what you just said.
an 8 year old car with 140000 miles on it? a full half the cars on the road are long dead before they make that age or milage.

MitsuFreak 05-28-2007 11:02 PM

???

i have had my galant for 6 years its a 90 and has 150000 miles. i just replaced the engine because i was stupid on the fluids and blew it but i wouldnt trade my car for anything. once you get them going and all i repaired they are really reliable.