Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Galant (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-galant-13/)
-   -   02 Galant. MANY PROBLEMS!!! HELP! (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-galant-13/02-galant-many-problems-help-16523/)

TheKid 02-08-2007 09:11 PM

02 Galant. MANY PROBLEMS!!! HELP!

Sup guys. I couldn't find my old thread but this is the follow up. Here is a review of the problem so far. Engine hesistates, engine/car vibrates when stopped. Changed Timing belt and seals and other crap. BAD Mechanics. Never ever go to Car Aid in Tustin, CA

So far... Engine vibrates crazily above 5000RPM. The car vibrates when it is at idle. you can see the glove box vibrating.

The car had a Check Engine light. The code was P0304 but we switch the igniton coil and now its P0302. So #2 cylinder is misfiring. We bought a new coil for that #2 cylinder, and still hesitation. Any help? New sparkplugs too and gapped correctly.

The car has 153,000 miles. Everything stock. I went around Google and got some ideas. Bad oxygen sensor, bad cat, or bad fuel injector. I cleaned all the injector except #2. (hard to read) I'm planning to put in the Chevron Gas treatment to see if it works. Then going to flush it at Jiffy Lube or something.

So any suggestions? I need it by friday.

TheKid 02-09-2007 08:21 PM

RE: 02 Galant. MANY PROBLEMS!!! HELP!

Bump anyone? Anything at all.

Galanthighspeeder 04-28-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by TheKid (Post 109030)
Sup guys. I couldn't find my old thread but this is the follow up. Here is a review of the problem so far. Engine hesistates, engine/car vibrates when stopped. Changed Timing belt and seals and other crap. BAD Mechanics. Never ever go to Car Aid in Tustin, CA

So far... Engine vibrates crazily above 5000RPM. The car vibrates when it is at idle. you can see the glove box vibrating.

The car had a Check Engine light. The code was P0304 but we switch the igniton coil and now its P0302. So #2 cylinder is misfiring. We bought a new coil for that #2 cylinder, and still hesitation. Any help? New sparkplugs too and gapped correctly.

The car has 153,000 miles. Everything stock. I went around Google and got some ideas. Bad oxygen sensor, bad cat, or bad fuel injector. I cleaned all the injector except #2. (hard to read) I'm planning to put in the Chevron Gas treatment to see if it works. Then going to flush it at Jiffy Lube or something.

So any suggestions? I need it by friday.

Did you try replacing Fuel Injector #2??

armikel07 09-18-2012 12:44 AM

Your balance shaft belt is broke.

Jacsdaman 11-03-2012 10:29 PM

I've had a situation where a coil went bad. Because it was bad it also toasted the computer for that coil. I learned that any time you have a coil go bad you almost always need to replace the computer at the same time because the computer may be short out and it could also have short out the new coil. Hope this helps, but definitely hope this isn't your problem. Good luck

tecnico713 02-10-2013 01:05 PM

2002 Galant maps

Hi, need information about 2002 Galant v6 automatic transmission flash maps and bin to correction gears shift ratio or the bin address to modify. Thanks and appreciate your attention:(

curranz69 03-04-2013 12:55 PM

My car has some vibrations also. Mostly just before the engine warms up. After that, its barely noticable. Any tips for me ?