Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Galant (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-galant-13/)
-   -   2001 Galant performance parts (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-galant-13/2001-galant-performance-parts-4920/)

Atownprepy99 07-23-2005 08:27 PM

RE: 2001 Galant performance parts

One more question, do I have to worry about water jumping up into the CAI or is it ok as long as it isn't a huge amount?

Prophet 07-24-2005 03:03 AM

First when it comes to the AEM bypass valve alot of people do not know that you have to cut the pipe to fit the bypass on. Now you don't really have to worry unless the air filter is completly submerged for the water to be sucked up that long pipe. Now don't think your safe still because hydrolock is not fun. All it takes is a teaspoonful to blow your entire engine. What I suggest is get the CAI that can convert into a short ram. In fact in my opinion the short ram is actually better. The I4 has great start off but middle to top end is almost void and you will find that alot of cars will beat you after 40mph. The short ram accourding to my SAFC sucks in about 1100 karms of air and I get better throttle response. If I am quicker off the line the longer it takes for the person racing me to catch up. Of course where still pulling about 3500 lbs of fat lol...

So people will say that denser air is better so a CAI is better but I find that the air taking that long trip up that pipe. When I was in CAI I was only get about 800 to 900 karms of air.

So get the cai/shortram conversion intake and play around with it to see what you like best. Also in shortram you don't have to worry about water being sucked in so in the raining season just convert it to shortram.

Atownprepy99 07-24-2005 06:26 PM

Ok, I hope I can change the Intake I got into Short Ram. lol.

Atownprepy99 08-05-2005 02:46 AM

Okay, got the intake, and I already know what headers and exhaust I am going to get. Now what would be good, performance wise for me to get next. I don't want to go as far as turbo or supercharger yet. So what would be good, like shift kits, or pulleys, or do they even make anything else for the galant? I also want to make sure that it won't affect the car in a way that it can't be a daily driver too.

Prophet 08-05-2005 06:08 AM

If you already have the exhaust planned and the headers I would look into a cam gearm cam, and pulley system.

Atownprepy99 08-06-2005 03:33 AM

Do you know any specific items that are on the market, I mean like a name brand pulley or anything like that?

Prophet 08-06-2005 05:04 AM

AEM Cam Gear

RPW Cam

When you get the chance you should stop by www.dnaracing.net/board