Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Galant (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-galant-13/)
-   -   2001 galant shake when driving ovr 50mph (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-galant-13/2001-galant-shake-when-driving-ovr-50mph-20247/)

the805btch 07-05-2007 02:28 PM

2001 galant shake when driving ovr 50mph

Ok I bought a 2001 Galant back in March of this year, I've cum 2 the conclusion that it was prolly in an accident due 2 it having been freshly painted, and the drivers side airbag needed 2 b replaced. but my question is when Iam driving on the freeway and I hit about 50 mph and anything higher the whole car sort of like shakes, not like where its noticeable from the outside but the inside the whole thing sort of vibrates really badly. It doesn't get like im gonna lose control or anything it just sort or vibrates a lot, and I kno it's not supposed to. I had someone run a carfax check for me but it didn't say it had been in any accidents or anything, I kno that still doesn't gaurantee that it hasn't though. So if anyone has any idea as to wut might be the problem, or wut I might want 2 start checking please let me kno. Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.. Crystal

Kaede.Noir 07-05-2007 06:17 PM

RE: 2001 galant shake when driving ovr 50mph

Try checking the balance, axels, and tires, if it was indeed in a wreck there can be something in the suspension or drive train, get it checked it could be a potential accident, maybe a tire is spinning out in a weird way

jamesdthomas2 07-05-2007 08:01 PM

I would check the tire balancing. I have an 01 galant also. I find that the tires need to be constantly balanced. like once a year or so.

Dusty Eclipse 07-05-2007 10:31 PM

Could be a hub or something too...

the805btch 07-06-2007 03:54 AM

OkI guessI shall start at the wheels. thanks alot, and also I was wondering if anyone knos how I might find out for sure if it was in an accident or not?(besides talking 2 whoever the original owner was LOL) ?? Like is there any other web sites that someone has a hook up with that could do a check of some kind for me if I gave u the VIN # ???? please any one??? LOL but if not it's all good thanks for the info though... Crystal

1991stang 07-10-2007 09:52 PM

Carfax is the best way to check for accidents. I would say that you might have a damaged rim or the tires need to be balanced.
I had a bad hub before on my 2000 Galant and it was a constant Humming noise no vibration.

jamesdthomas2 07-15-2007 01:20 PM

keep in mind that every state has its owen rules as to when a accident is tied to the car report. I live in North Dakota and it will only be on the report if the damage is greater that 4,000 dollars to repair.