Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

looking to build 500+ hp motor for my 98 galant, need ideas!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Default RE: looking to build 500+ hp motor for my 98 galant, need ideas!

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

the galant will never get to 500hp. look at all the 3Gs with that motor 1BADRS on neweclipse . org spent years thousands apon thousands of dollars and was just bealry getting over 400WHP. I dont think there are many 4G64 or even 6G72 eclipse\ galants that have broke 430WHP without nearly $10K in mods or more.... that is ALOT of money in MODS.... about $4000 to $5000 will only get you to 275WHP on the 4G64 and to get more after that it only gets much more expensive
i only know of 2 V6 eclipses that hit the 400whp mark. but there are a couple of 4cyl guys who have completely built engines and are running 23-25psi but they haven't been dynoed yet. there are a couple of v6 guys who have just swapped in the race engine that tearstone sells.

Old 10-18-2005, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Prophet

This is one reason why I am so determind to show people what Galants are made of. Are you guys even aware that the Eclipse was based off of the Galant plateform? What car was the first to bring the 4G63t to the US? Wasn't the Eclipse it was the 6G Galant VR-4. You guys are knocking him for something that he is very capable of doing if he is pointed to the right track instead of being laughed at. Yes he needs to do his research but we all had to start somewhere.

Drop the 4G64 your running now and drop in a 4G63t. Your in a better position then I am with your motor facing the same way the DSM motors are. You want lower compression not higher and yes you can drop in a 5 speed. Drop in the 4G63t first then we can talk about building that motor......
I wasnt poking fun at a lancer, matter factly anyhting can be fast with enough dough. But this is another noob with more hopes and dreams then all of us combine. I have no doubt that the car could be fast. But fuiger this... this kid has a 98 lancer auto. If i wanted to make a fast car I would already buy something fast and work off that. So fuiger okay maybe he wanted a sleeper. Why would you buy an auto lancer if you wnated a fast car thats a sleeper? for an extra g or two you could find a car that was a 5spd. What I am getting to is that this kid dosent have the money or resources to make this car a fast car. My guess he got it from mommy when he got his licence or mommy and daddy got him this car for his first car. He did some research about the motor and such and decided he would go about making 4-500 hp. LOL 4-5 hundred. Thats like saying " ya i am going to get like 3 turbos or something and make my car roll." I bet once he comes to find out that he will literally have to gut the entire electrical system, motor, and all and see the price of a new motor, sensors, ecu, harness and all that he will make a brown stain in his pants. I am not saying that It can be done http://www.sjdsm.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2441

I am just saying that this kid is deff not going to do it, so why entertain the idea.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:19 AM

hey slow420a, first off its a GALANT. not a lancer. I payed for this car with money I made. I dont get **** from my parents and i do have the resources and the money to do this or else i wouldnt be asking questions. and you can get off my post and f- yourself. thank you

Old 10-19-2005, 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: sic98galant

hey slow420a, first off its a GALANT. not a lancer. I payed for this car with money I made. I dont get **** from my parents and i do have the resources and the money to do this or else i wouldnt be asking questions. and you can get off my post and f- yourself. thank you
LOL....damn

Old 10-19-2005, 03:59 AM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

This is one reason why I am so determind to show people what Galants are made of. Are you guys even aware that the Eclipse was based off of the Galant plateform? What car was the first to bring the 4G63t to the US? Wasn't the Eclipse it was the 6G Galant VR-4. You guys are knocking him for something that he is very capable of doing if he is pointed to the right track instead of being laughed at. Yes he needs to do his research but we all had to start somewhere.

Drop the 4G64 your running now and drop in a 4G63t. Your in a better position then I am with your motor facing the same way the DSM motors are. You want lower compression not higher and yes you can drop in a 5 speed. Drop in the 4G63t first then we can talk about building that motor......
wait....you want to show people what Galants are made of but you want to swap the engine out? why not keep the engine and show what a original Galant is made of?

before you answer that...is a '98 Galant the 7G or 8G Galant? i get mixed up in the years.
See.... you guys speak without even knowning the correct info. He has a 7G Galant 1994-1998. A DSM Galant built under the DSM flag with a DSM motor. No differnce then swapping a Eclipse 2g 420a with a 4G63t.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:05 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

the galant will never get to 500hp. look at all the 3Gs with that motor 1BADRS on neweclipse . org spent years thousands apon thousands of dollars and was just bealry getting over 400WHP. I dont think there are many 4G64 or even 6G72 eclipse\ galants that have broke 430WHP without nearly $10K in mods or more.... that is ALOT of money in MODS.... about $4000 to $5000 will only get you to 275WHP on the 4G64 and to get more after that it only gets much more expensive
Again you need to have the correct info. He has a 7G DSM 4G64 now a 8G 4G64. There are diffrences in motors. The biggest is the 7G 4G64 is flipped 180 from the 8G Galant or 3G Eclipse 4G64. He has the correct 4G64 that alot of guys love to frakenstien to a 4G63t head. Now you tell me how many 2G or 1G Eclipse guys running a 4G64/4G63t motor are running over 500hp.....

Ohh and your info about getting 275whp into a 4G64 8G without spending $5,000 in mods is wrong. I know of one Galant that we have been working on that just dynoed without being tuned 245 to the wheel and he did it for less then a couple G's total install, parts, and labor.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:08 AM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

I wasnt poking fun at a lancer, matter factly anyhting can be fast with enough dough. But this is another noob with more hopes and dreams then all of us combine. I have no doubt that the car could be fast. But fuiger this... this kid has a 98 lancer auto. If i wanted to make a fast car I would already buy something fast and work off that. So fuiger okay maybe he wanted a sleeper. Why would you buy an auto lancer if you wnated a fast car thats a sleeper? for an extra g or two you could find a car that was a 5spd. What I am getting to is that this kid dosent have the money or resources to make this car a fast car. My guess he got it from mommy when he got his licence or mommy and daddy got him this car for his first car. He did some research about the motor and such and decided he would go about making 4-500 hp. LOL 4-5 hundred. Thats like saying " ya i am going to get like 3 turbos or something and make my car roll." I bet once he comes to find out that he will literally have to gut the entire electrical system, motor, and all and see the price of a new motor, sensors, ecu, harness and all that he will make a brown stain in his pants. I am not saying that It can be done http://www.sjdsm.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2441

I am just saying that this kid is deff not going to do it, so why entertain the idea.
lol... I really have no idea where you got Lancer from. Where speaking about Galants here and his motor's block is what people like to hybrid with the 4G63t so the potential is there more then a Lancer is. Stronger block then your running now in your 420a......

Old 10-19-2005, 04:12 AM

ORIGINAL: sic98galant

As a mod bro I am going to have to ask you to tone that down. There just not understanding where we are coming from. You have to understand the DSM world. Alot of people are not aware of the heritage that Galant holds too. How many championships where won way before the EVO even made it into Autocrossing let alone how the Eclipse has always been based off of the Galant.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:16 AM

Now lets keep this thread clean or I am going to have to lock it.....

Old 10-19-2005, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

wait....you want to show people what Galants are made of but you want to swap the engine out? why not keep the engine and show what a original Galant is made of?

before you answer that...is a '98 Galant the 7G or 8G Galant? i get mixed up in the years.
See.... you guys speak without even knowning the correct info. He has a 7G Galant 1994-1998. A DSM Galant built under the DSM flag with a DSM motor. No differnce then swapping a Eclipse 2g 420a with a 4G63t.
BTW dsm disolved in 1994 so technically any mitsubishi made after 94 is considered a mitsubishi not a dsm, but there are refered as dsm's because they still shared the same motor, name, and body charcters. Also my motor is a chrysler motor, not a mitsu. My car is far from a dsm. Lastly the swap is a waste of time is cheaper to boost the 420a than to swap it out.... hint hint.

Quick Reply: looking to build 500+ hp motor for my 98 galant, need ideas!