Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Galant (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-galant-13/)
-   -   Power Gap / Engine is not smooth at any given steady RPM (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-galant-13/power-gap-engine-not-smooth-any-given-steady-rpm-20230/)

luisigor 07-04-2007 06:17 PM

Power Gap / Engine is not smooth at any given steady RPM

I own a 1998 Galant 2.5 V6. The engine is not smooth at any given steady RPMs. When the car is at any given steady RPM, you can feel an intermitent engine failure. If the car is idle (600 RPM) and i accelerate slowly up to 1800 RPM I experience a power loss and RPMs start going down and up. I don't know how to explain it very well but I'll try.

Imagine that capital "U" is the sound and power of the normal engine operation and that 8 "U" is one second. "u" is a gap in engine sound and power. This is what happens.

"UUUUuUUUUUuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuUUUUUUuUUUUUUuUUUUUUu UUUUUUUUUUUuUuUUUUUUUUUUuUUUUUuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu "

I already replaced the Cables, Rotor, Distributor Cap, Spark Plugs, Air Mass Sensor, Fuel Filter, K&N Air Filter, and cleaned the fuel injectors. Can somebody tell me what else can I do?

Kaede.Noir 07-04-2007 10:15 PM

RE: Power Gap / Engine is not smooth at any given steady RPM

do a vacuum test, maybe youre having a vacuum leak somewhere thats causing some probs, which means some hose thats not where it should or some blown or faulty gasket, thats all i can think of right now

luisigor 07-05-2007 12:07 AM

How about a Grounding kit? Would that fix the problem?

silvercoupe97 07-05-2007 06:19 AM

Check your TPS voltage.
What was the last thing you did to your motor? Why do you think it's eletrical? Do you have a system that causes your lights to dim?

luisigor 07-05-2007 03:08 PM

I replaced the Cables, Rotor, Distributor Cap, Spark Plugs, Changed the Air Mass Sensor, Fuel Filter, K&N Air Filter, and cleaned the fuel injectors. I think its electrical because I have an HID system and sometimes it rapidly blinks once... How can I adjust the TSP voltage and what is the correct voltage it should have?

luisigor 07-07-2007 02:13 PM

Guys the problem has been solved!!! The EGR valve was not fuctioning correctly. It looks like the previous owner fixed something and they did not installed it correctly. I also regulared the TPS voltage and cleaned the Throttle-body. The little electrical problem that it had was that a ground cable had been previously disconected. My 2.5 V6 galant is now running smoother than silk:D.!!!!

If something new comes up I'll keep you posted. Thanks for everything!

Igor Ruiz