Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/)
-   -   02 lancer rear lower control arms.. HELP (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/02-lancer-rear-lower-control-arms-help-32895/)

jtherrien69 06-16-2009 07:50 PM

02 lancer rear lower control arms.. HELP

need a little bit of help..about to be replacing the rear lower control arm outer bushings on my lancer .. and the stabilizer bar links.. can anyone give me some advice on as what would be the best way to go about it (taking out the bushing and replacing them with the new ones) step by step instructions .... i've done some searching and havent found too much info. any advice would be great. thanks all!

DirtyJerz908 07-20-2009 09:35 PM

2002 lancer rear control arm & stabilizer bar linkage installation

1. Lift the rear of the car on jack stands and take rear tires off
2. unbolt the control arms bolts are to the drums , shocks , and center
3. You will need replacement linkages for the stabilizer bar they will snap off.
4. Take the lower control arms off 1 at a time so you wont have a mess
5. This wont have an affect on the shock absorbers or anything
6. You will need heavy duty sockets preferrably a air gun & compressor
This is for 02 lancer oz rally rear squeaky suspension its the control arm busings that go bad and since mitsubishi is a pain they dont sell them seperatly you have to buy the whole control arm . i bought my set from autozone . The brand was Foreman Control Arms $75 a pop .. so $150 for the set.

DirtyJerz908 07-20-2009 09:35 PM

I put all the information above for the squeaking you probably want to get rid of

DirtyJerz908 07-20-2009 09:53 PM

2002 mitsubishi lancer oz rally 4dr yellow automatic 110k list of repairs so far 110k

I got the 2002 mitsubishi lancer oz rally
is lightning yellow all around with 2.5% limo tints all around
4 door automatic
complete leather interior seats, door panels, dash
bought it with 69k miles 3 years ago , has 110,500 miles now. Ive put new rear control arms , new stabilizer bar linkage, front both inner & outter tide rods , and tie rod ends, brand new motor mounts all 4 of them . New drums in the rear, new disc in the front , brand new header, and cat w. Complete catback new piping, tranny flushes every 6 months .. Motor flushes every 6 months, obx ignition coils, new water pump and timming belt. New tires twice already in 3 years 4 15" mtx sub woofers in the trunk with 2 rockford 1500 watt amps , obx radiator hoses , new alternator , new starter, new cam shaft , valve cover gasket.. Spent alot of money but it has never failed me

jrathod 08-08-2009 11:47 PM

Rear lower Control arm HELP

Originally Posted by DirtyJerz908 (Post 247430)
1. Lift the rear of the car on jack stands and take rear tires off
2. unbolt the control arms bolts are to the drums , shocks , and center
3. You will need replacement linkages for the stabilizer bar they will snap off.
4. Take the lower control arms off 1 at a time so you wont have a mess
5. This wont have an affect on the shock absorbers or anything
6. You will need heavy duty sockets preferrably a air gun & compressor
This is for 02 lancer oz rally rear squeaky suspension its the control arm busings that go bad and since mitsubishi is a pain they dont sell them seperatly you have to buy the whole control arm . i bought my set from autozone . The brand was Foreman Control Arms $75 a pop .. so $150 for the set.

Hello,

I followed the above steps.
1. Took the tires off.
2. Took off three nuts to the drums, shocks and the center one.
.. here is the problem.. the nuts come off right away.. but the BOLTS do not come off.. I've tried hammering them out, but they wont even budge.. when I use an impact wrench they keep turning but do not come off, the center bolt doesnt even turn. Do I have to do anything with the strut do ease the tension. is there a trick to this..

please help.. Im about to take this thing to a mechanic.. thanks in advance!

jtherrien69 08-13-2009 07:12 PM

try a big C clamp.. the inner bolts have a lock mechanism that dont let the bolt turn so it has to be pushed out... hammer didnt work for me was stuck real good. clamp works alot better and easier.and if you cant get the other bolts out try that to them too.

jrathod 08-13-2009 08:56 PM

Thanks.

Ill give that a try maybe this weekend.. I was ready to go to a mechanic.. but I'll try that.. thanks! I'll submit a reply and let you know how it went.

DirtyJerz908 08-15-2009 07:31 PM

lancer rear control arms

I torched them until they got cherry red.. and then banged them out with a hammer.. 1 broke but i had one from a honda laying around fit right on.. ohh and the stabilizer bar links break off let me know if you bought new one's if so where at and how much because since mine broke i never replaced them .. mitusbishi wanted $75 per link for the stabilizer bar and i pay $60 for the Control arms why would i pay $75 for the stabilizer bar links

jtherrien69 08-17-2009 07:29 PM

They are overcharging you like crazy..you can order the stabilizer bar links from rockauto.com for 20 bucks a pop.. but will need to buy nuts because they are not included..