Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/)
-   -   09 Lancer GTS Starter Problems...Anyone else? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/09-lancer-gts-starter-problems-anyone-else-30215/)

hagansp 11-23-2008 05:18 PM

09 Lancer GTS Starter Problems...Anyone else?

I have an 09 Lancer GTS...less then 1k miles, and this morning I tried to start the car and the entire ignition was locked. I have a smart key, I tried taking off the cap and putting the smart key in directly and it was still locked. Tried the 2nd smart key...nothing. I research this just on google and found some others experiencing similar problems. Any help here?

I was finally able to get the key to turn but this was extremly frustrating and I was more then 15 mins late today. Help?!?!

09Lancer_GTS 11-23-2008 06:57 PM

RE: 09 Lancer GTS Starter Problems...Anyone else?

Hey i have the same car and i never had that problem most of the time for me is the steering wheel was locked but that was it but i never had a problem with the car starting and my car has only 800 miles or so

dep82 11-26-2008 05:49 PM

whenever it happens to me i turn the wheel slightly and the key turns no problem

lordtygr 12-03-2008 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: dep82

whenever it happens to me i turn the wheel slightly and the key turns no problem
+1

BEAT 12-05-2008 11:36 AM

That was the steering wheel LOCKED.

the ignition will not lock or the starter.

next timesimultanously turn the key and steering wheel it will unlock.

Alpha7 12-15-2008 07:48 PM

I've had it not detect the key.. even though it is in my pocket as I'm sitting in the driver seat multiple times.

I've had it lock a few times to... but once I unlocked the steering wheel I have never had problems.

You guys have less then 1k miles on it. damn I'm near 3k.

beavy09 01-26-2009 07:32 PM

hi..i have the same car and like last month mine did the same. it was really cold here where i live, was it where you live?? i though it might be that, not sure. when i take my car in for the 6 month check-up, i will be sure to ask.

lancer0594 01-28-2009 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: hagansp

I have an 09 Lancer GTS...less then 1k miles, and this morning I tried to start the car and the entire ignition was locked. I have a smart key, I tried taking off the cap and putting the smart key in directly and it was still locked. Tried the 2nd smart key...nothing. I research this just on google and found some others experiencing similar problems. Any help here?

I was finally able to get the key to turn but this was extremly frustrating and I was more then 15 mins late today. Help?!?!

IF your car has navigation you can fix this problem easily. Go to "Set" and then click on "Equipment" and look for the section keyless start or entry whatever it is it forgot, but it's got the word Keyless in it. When you click on it, there should be a section that says "Turn both on" meaning keyless entry is on and FOB keystart is on. I had to use the stupid real key for a couple of weeks before figuring it out that the car had Keyless entry on but Keyless FOB start was off. When I turned it on, my car has been starting with the FOB key ever since.

FAX68 01-30-2009 01:13 PM

lancer 054 you are funny

Mine is simple ignition key but also took me 2 years to figure out my DASH BOARD SYSTEM.

especially pain inthe butt service reminder. Thank god I don't drive expensive cars the more I will have problems figuring out the controls on the dash

my 2008 Lancer is like giving me a test in how to operate or read the dash

good luck to those people with NAV system and FAST Key they must having a ball figuring out there car system.

Tambourine 07-05-2009 11:25 AM

Help

I Have an 09 GTS Lancer, 254 miles. THe car wilol not start. Steering wheel is not locked. LIghts are on dash,everything electical works. Car is a manual and I have the clutch down. THe car started fine 30 minutes before. Is there a seciurity system that needs to be reset? Any other thoughts?