Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/)
-   -   (2007 Lancer ES) Questions (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/2007-lancer-es-questions-43899/)

mc_marto 02-10-2013 08:15 PM

(2007 Lancer ES) Questions

Hi guys,

My girlfriend has an '07 Mitsubishi Lancer ES that I just changed the oil of for the first time, but I can't seem to find if I have to reset an oil light or something like that. Now it comes the weird thing. The car's placard says it was manufactured in Dec. 2006, which would make it an '07 model. But, when I look the car up online it looks like an '04. I believe I checked the VIN whenever she bought it a couple of months ago, and it said 2007. I'm not sure what's going on. Did the factory mess up or what?

So, do you guys know of some other Lancers that fit the same description?
Also, do I have to, and how do I reset the oil monitor?

mc_marto 02-14-2013 11:42 PM

29 views and nobody has any ideas?!

I had hoped this forum was like the Cadillac Forums community. You post your thread and there are answers for you not even 10 min. later. I guess people driving Mitsubishi don't care about their cars enough?!?

Sebba 02-15-2013 10:32 PM

Maybe the Mitsubishi owners have enough common sense to look dumb **** like that up in the owners manual.

You're going to whine about free help?

What are you doing to better this site?

How many peoples questions did you attempt to answer?

All people want to do is piss and moan.

mc_marto 02-16-2013 11:30 AM

What's "dumb **** like" doing in the middle of your sentence. And, where the heck did you learn grammar? "What are you doing to better this site?" - Maybe should've been - "What are you doing to make this site better?".

If this site's super moderator is a person like you, I can imagine what it's regular members are. And, what common sense are you talking about? You most likely do not understand the problem. Of course I've looked up stuff in the manual (regarding the reset oil light question I had), but I'm not even sure if the car is supposed to be considered an '07 since the closest resemblance I can find is the '06 model year. I found information online that Lancers did not have oil life reset before the '07 model year. Now, I hope you can understand what the real question was. Manual says 2007, car says Dec. 2006 (which should be considered '07 unless the Japanese cars don't go by that), and it looks like 2006 (I thought it was 2004).

I haven't helped anyone here, since I don't drive a Mitsubishi and haven't messed with my girlfriend's yet; besides changing the oil and filters recently, if you can call that messing around. I drive a Cadillac, so I am an active member of the Cadillac Forums, the link of which you decided to edit in my earlier post (for some unknown reason).