Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/)
-   -   2009 lancer gts rear clicking sound in Drive (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/2009-lancer-gts-rear-clicking-sound-drive-31054/)

lancer0594 01-23-2009 01:03 PM

2009 lancer gts rear clicking sound in Drive

Hi. Ever since I decided to drive without music on, I have noticed that my 09 lancer gts puts out this one clicking rear sound after I put in Drive and drive several feet. After that it just drives normal even when I stop and go again. It only happens after I park for at least 5-10 minutes and when I put in Drive and drive several feet, the clicking noice in the rear sound comes. Do any of you have this sound?the sound is like when you press open/lock door and you hear the locking/opening of the door lock. But the sound only happens inthe rear and beneath the car. Can you guys pm me back when you have a chance to drive withoutany sound/music onto see if you hear this rear clicking noise? Thanks.

Alpha7 01-26-2009 06:44 PM

RE: 2009 lancer gts rear clicking sound in Drive

I have a manual 09 lancer and am not experiencing anything like it. Where exactly in the rear is the noise coming from? You should try to have someone trace it down a little better if you can so we can get a better idea of what might be the problem.

beavy09 01-26-2009 07:26 PM

hey, i have the same car and mine has done that too. not sure what it is about but when i go in for my 6 month check-up again, i will let them know about it and see whats going on. when it was really cold where i live about a month ago, my car wouldnt start or turn over for like 4 or 5 tries. then all of a sudden it started. has yours done this at all??

lancer0594 01-28-2009 12:13 PM

When you go to the dealership, make sure to let your car park for at least 5-10 minutes before letting the mechanic put in D and drive so he can hear the "sound". Make sure to have ur radio off. As for the starting of the engine, what kind of oil do you put in your car? is it 5W-20 sythentic? IF you live in a cold region, make sure you only use 5W-20 synthetic grade so your car can start much easier. You should do you own oil change because dealerships sometimes use different grade of oil and they even use dino oil for your car.

lancer0594 01-28-2009 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Alpha7

I have a manual 09 lancer and am not experiencing anything like it. Where exactly in the rear is the noise coming from? You should try to have someone trace it down a little better if you can so we can get a better idea of what might be the problem.

Maybe it only happens to automatic sports cars because I kinda heard that noise when driving my brother's RSX. The sound is quieter since RSX has better interior noise cabin.

07outty 01-28-2009 12:41 PM

believe it or not , it is the anti-lock brakesystem "setting".

you begin moving forward after starting the car , you reach X m.p.h. and CLICK you hear the same sound every time.

my 07 outlander does it , my 09 R.A. does it , and my 08 g.t.s. did it when i had it.

lancer0594 01-28-2009 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: 07outty

believe it or not , it is the anti-lock brakesystem "setting".

you begin moving forward after starting the car , you reach X m.p.h. and CLICK you hear the same sound every time.

my 07 outlander does it , my 09 R.A. does it , and my 08 g.t.s. did it when i had it.
So it's normal? We dont have to worry about that sound?

07outty 01-28-2009 10:22 PM

like i said in my reply.

i have / do hear it in all of my late model mitsubishis.

nothing to worry about...............................it is the ABS.

beavy09 01-29-2009 02:07 AM

i dont o to the dealership till april. ya i dont do my own oil change so i dont know what kind they used. thanks though for the info about going to the dealer.

Alpha7 01-29-2009 02:28 AM

My Manual GTS has ABS though... I don't hear anything. Any reason for that?