Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/)
-   -   2010 Lancer Sportback Ralliart (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/2010-lancer-sportback-ralliart-44204/)

Slacker 03-27-2013 12:10 AM

2010 Lancer Sportback Ralliart

Anyone have one and might have any coments on it? I just got mine and wanted to see what others have done or tweeked or how they have liked it.

firebuck 03-27-2013 08:09 PM

Love mine, runs great decent amount of room. Not so great vision out of the rear. I have flashed the gst basemap giving much better shifts but need to replace the acd pump which seems to be a weak point up North with the evo/ralliarts. Looking forward to the boost pill upgrade and possible exhaust but acd first. Wish I could get a straight answer on mud guards for the front. Some say one type fits others say none fit the 2010. Oh well maybe after the pump I'll get around to finding out.
Have fun and I hope you enjoy it. The car really suffers if you baby it so don't be afraid to get on it.

Slacker 03-28-2013 01:08 PM

wow sorry but the lingo your using is going over my head.. and im use to the vision out the rear cause i traded in my 06 eclipse for it.. needed something with 4 doors.

i have babbied it a little cause i wasnt sure how to handle the turbo (first car i have had with a turbo) but i think i am starting to get use to it.

firebuck 03-28-2013 08:45 PM

Sorry about that I was a little tired when I wrote it.
The car is great stock but really comes alive with some tweaks.
Any type of modification other than a drop in type filter requires a new "tune" flashed into your cars ecu so that the engine does have difficulties. There is not much leeway with turbo cars. You can put an exhaust or intake on a normally aspirated vehicle and see good gains with no problems....do the same to a turbo car and things go boom.
The gst basemap is a tune for the ralliart available for free (you do need to buy some software and an item callled a tactrix which allows you to communicate with the cars computer). Another inexpensive upgrade is a boost pill plus tune which provides good power gains for the price.
I do not know about the weather in illinois but please make sure your car has had the cold weather reflash for the acd pump (hydraulic diff control). This is the pump that helps control front to rear torque and allows the tarmac/gravel/snow function. In cold weather the fluid becomes quite thick and the pump may burn out. The flash changes the software so that the pump does not burn out as easily. There is also a corrosion problem but not much you can do about it. My pump just went 8 days after warranty expired (it is only covered under the 3yr/60k not the full powertrain) so I wanted you to make sure that was done if applicable to you.
The mud guards are a pet peeve of mine in that they say there are no oem ones that fit the front only the rear for the 2010 ralliarts.
I had a 2003 eclipse before the ralliart so the view was a little better out the rear window but not much but I do find it very hard to see out the back of the sportback.
Treat it well (proper fluids and intervals) and it is a great car for getting around and it performs quite well. The transmission seems to work better with a little more spirited driving,mine seems to be more jerky the more I try to baby it.
Bottom line..Have fun I think you will enjoy it. My old eclipse was fun but did not have the kick this little turbo has, its loads of fun around town handles well and no trouble merging with traffic.
I hope you enjoy it a lot.

Slacker 03-29-2013 12:59 PM

Thanks i get what you said a little more, and i also understand about the babying it but when driving around the neighborhood its hard not to cause there are kids that pay no attention to cars driving by. is there anyways to help the jerkyness when going under 20-30 mph? its like it wants to go but im trying to keep it toned down cause of the kids.

also i dont plan on doing any kinds of big mods to it but want to get the windows tinted (not really a mod i know) and thought about an intake cause the box under the hood just makes it look odd to me. also is there any equipment i should look at to help tune it? i have never really gotten a car and messed with settings in it like reflashing or messing with the ecu at all.

the weather in IL is ok yes it gets cold and i bought the car used so im hopeing the person that had it before me did what you said since they too lived here. i also got the extended warranty cause i had an issue with my eclipse (60k+ miles) and i had my SES light come on and it was the cat, lucily it was covered under that cause i brought it in just under that to have it looked at but when i brought it back to get it done it was over so they said they would do it for free cause it should have been done the first time.

so far like i said tho i love the car, i have been looking at it since 2010 but couldnt afford it cause i was paying off my car and alot of other things going on but now i decided to get it and got one fully loaded with navi and blue tooth. Thanks for the reply definitely been very helpfull for me to understand the car a little more.

Slacker 03-29-2013 01:18 PM

oh i also did some looking around and couldnt find OEM mudflaps but saw this.

2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Rally Armor Urethane Mudflaps Sport Compact Auto & Import Performance Superstore

firebuck 03-29-2013 08:11 PM

I was thinking of those but I already had the rear oem ones so I was hoping to find something that matches.
The jerkiness is just the way the stock transmission is. To change it you need a tactrix cable and evoflash software. You can google both for more info.
Any type of intake change other than a drop in filter or DIY short ram with the evo air intake piece will require a tune or you risk damage to the car. The aftermaket intakes change the amount air in a way the maf sensor cannot adjust to resulting in a lean condition. (very basic explanation). The drop ins and DIY evo short ram do not chnage the way the maf sees the air so it can adjust and not lean out the engine. More details are available if required and I can p.m. you a few links if you want.

Slacker 03-30-2013 02:19 AM

nope i get it, cold air intake would cause more cooler air to come in meaning the MAF would need to be adjusted or reflashed where the short air is basically just replacing the black box with a more or less tube (cromed).

firebuck 03-30-2013 07:37 PM

Partially, its not the cold air thats the problem its that most of the aftermarket use a bigger tube and "slip" some air past the maf. its this unseen air that is the problem, thats why the diy short ram using a piece of the evo intake is so popular. the diameter is the same so the maf sees all the extra air and adds appropriate fuel.
Have a good one.

Slacker 04-01-2013 05:57 PM

jw do you know a way to have the doors auto lock either when you hit a certain speed or when you put it in drive or reverse.