Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/)
-   -   Catalytic Converter Recall???? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/catalytic-converter-recall-32516/)

babygirl843 05-15-2009 09:24 AM

Catalytic Converter Recall????

I own a 2002 Lancer OZ Rally Edition and my "Service Engine Soon" light kept coming on. So, I took it to a mechanic which told me that the code (don't know what it was) showed that I needed an oxygen sensor. He later called me back and told me that the Cat Converter was recalled and because I have over 100,000 miles on the vehicle, I would be coming out of pocket for a replacement! :mad: Since I purchased my vehicle from a Mitsubishi dealership (Charleston Mitsubishi) shouldn't I have been informed of this? And since I wasn't, is there any recourse?

Manybrews 05-17-2009 08:57 AM

you were. You would have gotten several notices, which you probably chucked in the garbage (as most do) because you thought it was junk mail.

and the recall is still valid. You will need updated software uploaded to your PCM, but the converter is not covered over 100k. Why? because it DOES wear on its own, as all cat. converters do. recall or not, 100k is considered a normal life cycle for a cat. converter.

Splinter328 02-08-2011 09:44 AM

How can I get the "updated software uploaded to your PCM"?

Splinter328 02-08-2011 09:46 AM

Also is this still a valid solution? I have been having the same problem with this problem and my mechanic told me about this recall issue.

SSfanatic 02-16-2011 10:59 PM

If the recall is still open on the car the and it has code po421 in the computer, the dealer is supposed to replace the cat and flash the pcm. If the car went in for the recall in the past for the recall and already updated the pcm software, the cat is now only covered to 100k miles. Call your dealer and they can tell you if the recall has been done on your car or not.

Treize 03-29-2011 09:36 AM

Are we covered in Canada?

I know I did the PCM recall here in Toronto, Canada, but I was wondering if we are also covered for 100,000 miles (160,000 km)?

My engine light is on for the same problem (warm-up cat meltdown) and was quoted $900.... 2003 Lancer OZ.. Thanks!

t-jacobs 06-21-2011 06:40 AM

Cat Recall

Just bought a used 03 Eclipse spyder. After about 2000 miles check engine light came on. Error code P0421. Replaced upstream O2 sensor and cleared code. About 100 miles later light came back on. I am reading here that it may be bad Cat or need reprogramming or both. Car now has 90K miles on it. Since I am the second owner am I elegible for recall on Cat & reprogramming at a dealer or is it on me?

Thanks for any help

rampagingspaz 07-23-2011 02:54 AM

Re:

Sorry to bump this thread but is the recall still valid? Because i have 94,xxx miles on my 2002 es and i dont remember ever getting the recall information. But my catalytic converter's sensors has been going nuts.

Thank you

fitzwilly27 06-25-2012 01:24 PM

Cat. Recall

I have owned my "03" OZ Ralley from new, never got any recall info. and when it failed inspection, was told there was a recall on the cat. Called Customer Service (888-648-7820) and was told that it was already done in 2006. I drove it off the lot and it never whent back, so when did they do it and why is it a problem now?