Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Air bag Failure...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Default Air bag Failure...

I am looking for information on the Airbag system in the Mitsubishi
Lancer 2005 Ralliart...

This is why:
My husband and I were in a fairly serious accident a little while ago
(not more then a week or so) and the entire front of our car was
destroyed. We were traveling down a highway in BC when someone tried to
cut across and we 'T-boned" him doing about 100km/h.

The airbags in our car however failed to deploy!! [&:]

This is multitasked as a warning to any with this car or the likes of
it and to look for information to assist in research in order to bring
some sort of action against Mitsubishi.

If anyone knows of a website with examples or email addy's off people
with similar problems or anything it would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks

Old 07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Banned
Default RE: Air bag Failure...

Sorry to say... and anyone can get pissed at me for saying this.. but... ah well. Seriously... stop pissing and moaning. EVERY car manufacturer will produce hundreds of cars with defects. Action against mitsubishi is retarded and you dont stand a chance. For example... if you bought the car second hand how do you know the previous owner didnt get into an accident and it wasnt wired up correctly by the person that fixed it? Many many things like this will prevent you from having any grounds for a case.

Anyone remember when everyone was trying to sue Mitsu because of crankwalk? I was suprised that that was thrown out...

If you are that desperate to be among your same kind (peopine that **** and moan) then please take it to www.mitsubishisucks.com

Off topic :

Jees readon some of the **** on that site... people are bitching about spark plug wire failure and battery failure... wtf? LOL sad sad people. I laughed out loud when i was reading all the reports of crankwalk though AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 07-20-2006, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Sorry to say... and anyone can get pissed at me for saying this.. but... ah well. Seriously... stop pissing and moaning. EVERY car manufacturer will produce hundreds of cars with defects.
The fact that it happens doesn't make it acceptable. I would be pissed if my airbags didn't deploy as well. There are reasons other than manufacturer defect that may stop the airbags from deploying, but I would think that Mitsu would still LIKE to look into this and avoid any sort of litigation, especially since the vehicle still falls under warranty being only a 2005 model.
I find it hard to believe that if you crashed your car because of faulty brakes you would just say...oh well, it happens. I say this in particular because I had a caliper that froze shut on my passenger front wheel and I sure didn't say oops, it happens, it's okay. I didn't crash my car, Mitsu checked it out and was happy to replace it.
Mitsu will likely investigate the vehicle history and service history and see if there was any negligence on the owners behalf though.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:55 PM

Sorry to say...
Give me a break. I am not bitching and complaining and in all realitly i loved the car.
Besides minor problems with the electical (i.e. Getting zapped everytime we exited the car) there was nothing wrong with it.

The airbags are there for safety and hopefully as you see by the pic of my car the airbags really should have deplyed.
I am not asking for alot just some look into the car and decent compensation.
It was a scary thing to have happen and I hope no one else has this happen.
Yes every manufacturer will produce cars with defects however one as serious as this should be looked at and delt with.

A safety feature is there to save you not to fail when needed.

Thank you dirtwagon for your help.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8897/0708B01D5C5E402194850B88500B8D82.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Banned

LOL its not an electrical problem ... its called static...

Well im sure Mitsubishi will do an investigation to determine the cause of the failure. However unless you were seriously injured as a direct result of the air bag failure you will get nothing... possibly something small if your very lucky.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:26 PM

When every time you get out it zaps you... That's no longer static.
Whatever though not what I care about.

They are responsable for a faulty car.... It really doesn't matter if i was hurt by it.

Old 07-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Banned

I dissagree with you...

I tell you what... call a lawyer and tell them your story and let me know the result...

Old 07-21-2006, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Lamadriddesiree

When every time you get out it zaps you... That's no longer static.
Whatever though not what I care about.
I have to agree with Sebba on the static electricity zapping you. If it was an electrical problem and there was live current in the car, you would blow fuses everytime you got zapped. I had a couple cars that did this to me, although annoying, there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car, it's likely generated by the twisting on the seat to get out of the car that "charges", and then when you touch the next thing, you get zapped....I used to zap my wife unintentionally .
On a seperate note, why does it look like you have two hoods on your car...one looks to be an EVO vented hood (top), and the bottom looks to be a standard Lancer hood. What am I seeing?

Old 07-21-2006, 02:17 PM

[/quote]

On a seperate note, why does it look like you have two hoods on your car...one looks to be an EVO vented hood (top), and the bottom looks to be a standard Lancer hood. What am I seeing?

[/quote]

[sm=smiley13.gif]

Im not sure we have the Standard Lancer Hood... Possibly what you are seeing is the front bumper thrown on top of the hood. Past that I am not sure what to tell you.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:37 PM

Okay, that makes sense now that I look at it again...lol
I just assumed that part broke off.

Quick Reply: Air bag Failure...