Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/)
-   -   WHY MITSUBISHI? 2010 lancer sportback upgraded stereo problem (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/why-mitsubishi-2010-lancer-sportback-upgraded-stereo-problem-42633/)

sport 07-06-2012 06:23 PM

WHY MITSUBISHI? 2010 lancer sportback upgraded stereo problem

Last year I purchased a 2010 lancer sportback with CVT; white. I LOVE(d) it. The stereo upgrade package... has seriously let me down.

At first there was satellite radio streaming for free that I enjoyed. That expired. I don't own a single CD and I find them to be cumbersome anyhow. The radio drives me bonkers with advertisements and music I hate. I want to use the luxury that I paid the big bucks for!

I am desperate to plug in my digital music players (ipod 4th gen, early ipod shuffle, htc hero, htc evo...) but everytime that I do, or when I plug in a friends' the display reads "USB NO CONNECT". I took it to the dealer and was told that my "technology is just too new for the car." It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. When I plug in an operable device to the RCA ports, I should hear it, just like any other stereo. I understand that the car is supposed to control the ipod from the steering wheel and I think that is the complication causing this problem. Am I the only one who can't figure this out????

I read someplace that the only device that will work is a 1st generation ipod. Not sure why. They do have a firewire port right on them that looks just like a usb port. The 1st generation ipods are all mac compatible; and not PC. I'm steaming out of my ears as I sit here and write this from my PC computer. So now I need to buy an electronic that is so old it is a collector's item to use my stereo, and an expensive computer to be able to "talk" to that device???

Next to the cigarette lighter, there are RCA ports: Red and White. There is no USB plug or 3.5 mm jack. I tried using a cable that went from my htc hero's mini fire-wire port to the rca ports. I tried using a 3.5mm jack to the RCAs with multiple devices, with no luck. What does it want?

Anyone who has a mitsubishi with RCA input jacks, that has had success hearing their digital music through their car stereo, please tell me what you did. What kind of cable do you use? What kind of stereo do you have? Which model and year is your car? I am so eager to enjoy my car, and so upset that it came with this gloriously misleading stereo system.

The dealer was no help. Where can I go for support? I think it seems like a legal issue. It's misleading to sell a stereo with jacks that don't function normally, and to not make that clear.

If this doesn't get straightened out soon, I'm plastering my negative feedback all over the internet. Can you say DUPED??? :o I paid a ton extra to be able to really enjoy my music. This is my first Mitsubishi and I am NOT proud, for this and many other reasons.

mxmikie 07-07-2012 06:36 AM

Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras

OutlanderGT 07-19-2012 08:40 PM

Walmart.com: Scosche 3 Foot 3.5mm Plug To RCA Cable - Audio Only: Auto Electronics

Press play on your Ipod
Select Aux input on your stereo system.
If it does not work, have the dealer fix it.

Why do you make it sound like you need a lawsuit?

AndyL 10-03-2012 04:04 PM

I have a 2011 Sportback w/upgraded stereo. I can connect an ipod to the usb in the glove compartment, but it's difficult to control. The voice recognition produces hilarious results. I have the same problem as you with a 3.5mm to RCA cable. I get nothing.

fosgate 10-08-2012 09:09 AM

my lancer 2013 do the same ****. Not on all mp3.

mitchtj1981 01-25-2013 12:24 AM

Same problem - cant beleive it

Hey, I'm in exactly the same boat.

I bought a 2010 Lancer yesterday, thrilled with it apart form that,

I try to connect my ipod to the Aux plugs underneath the stereo there, switch through the modes ' USB' but it just says "USB NO CONNECT".

So annoying!!! My ipod is pretty old too, well before 2010, so dont know whats going on.

I also dont have any plugs in my glovebox so that doesnt help.

I cant beleive more hasnt been made of this!!! its so easy to just have a little plug where you can plug your ipod into, stereos have been doing it for years and years (at least since 2007).

It really leaves a saour taste in my mouth.

I guess Ill have to make a whole bunch of MP3 CDs (really?! in 2013?).

I would love someone to come up with a solution to this.

Bordsvatten 02-15-2013 06:30 PM

Rockford

Hello! I have a sport back -10 whit upgraded stereo, not whit the navi. All Phones and mp3 players, also newest i pad work just fine as long they are playing mp3, check that and you can even try to change the media player on your phone. Don`t forget to activate aux on you stereo press and hold the button for to seconds. Blue tooth works fine except voice steering for the phones function. Where did you find the usb port in the car?

firebuck 02-15-2013 08:48 PM

I don't think there is a usb port in a 2010 at least I don't have one. My ipod works fine using the rca's. It is a "classic" model and I do have to select the aux input function. It should work using the rca and the aux function. Just make sure the volume is up on the ipod. Mine has to be quite high to get a decent volume on the system.

AndyL 02-27-2013 03:48 PM

SOLVED! I just read my owners manual carefully. In order to use the RCA jacks you need to turn on AUX. The tricky part is that you need to press the CD button for 2 seconds to do this.