Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/)
-   -   2001 Montero Ltd Climate Control / Display problems after Battery Drained (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/2001-montero-ltd-climate-control-display-problems-after-battery-drained-2820/)

bmerz 12-16-2004 02:36 PM

2001 Montero Ltd Climate Control / Display problems after Battery Drained

Hello all,

I left my dome light on (doh!) and drained the battery. After I jumped there are a few problems. 1) the climate control screen on the LCD display will not display when cycling through the views 2) The outside temperature indicator in other LCD display modes is blank
3) the automatic climate control system itself seems to be operating incorrectly

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Much Thanks,

Brian

Winshawn 01-31-2005 02:56 PM

RE: 2001 Montero Ltd Climate Control / Display problems after Battery Drained

I just posted in another area. The exact same thing happened to me. The dealer "reset" the computer. No charge (warranty) He would not tell me how he did it. It is a common problem. Maybe someone here can post the procedure?

skpark701 11-05-2007 11:46 AM

I'm having a same problem w/ LCD climate display....
I already had this problem and dealer reset the computer but I need to do it again...
Does anyone know how to reset the computer??? Perhaps unplug the battery???

Sebba 11-05-2007 11:48 AM

Yes you just remove the negative battery terminal for 20 seconds with the key in the ignition to drain any excess power.

Thank you for using the search function : )

skpark701 11-05-2007 12:06 PM

Thank you so much... It's working now...:)

Sebba 11-05-2007 02:56 PM

Any time

Xjfire 02-24-2021 06:55 PM

I have a 2003 Montero Limited. Runs like a top most of the time. Just lately when it warms up it will stumble at idle or even sometimes while driving. Sometimes when it stumbles it dies too. but it always starts right back up. It will idle and run smooth as glass then out of the blue it stumbles like that. I,m leaning towards a camshaft position sensor but I dont have an Oscope to check it. Any body ever have this issue or have any suggestions? Can anyone give me a list of the most common problems with this vehicle? I like it and want to keep it but there are issues. Ive posted on another tread but was,nt too successful getting any useful help. thanks for reading.