Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Montero 4wd Light?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Default Montero 4wd Light?

I have a 2002 Montero (not sport model) and the other night the 4wd light just started blinking out of the blue. It had not been locked into 4wd in a while but the light just started flashing. I locked the vehicle into 4wd and it locked as it should and the light stayed illuminated. When i took it out of 4wd it started flashing agian. I fooled with it locking and unlocking and it when off. I thought it was just a bad signal from the sensor on the transfer case and figured it was ok. The next morning it came back on and hasn't when off since except when i lock it in 4wd at which time it illuminates as it should. I'm sure the 4wd is locking and unlocking because while it was in 2wd i held the brakes and gave it enough gas to make the rear tires spin in the gravel. That tells me the hubs are locking in and out, but I'm still lost as to what the problem could be thats causing the light to flash. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.