Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Installing a Bull Bar on a 2003 Mitsubishi Montero XLS

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Default Installing a Bull Bar on a 2003 Mitsubishi Montero XLS

Hey Everyone,
So I was question this before I bought it but the people who sold it to me CarID assured me it would fit perfectly and install easily so I bought a Black Horse Stainless Steel Bull Bar (BB120304) and I'm trying to install it but see no place to install the bull bar to. I dont know if they assume I can remove the tow hooks or whatever but they are welded on and unmovable.

The instructions that came with the bull bar are typical crap you'd expect from an auto part ordered online and don't make even the slightest reference to where the bar is supposed to mount to.

Here is the item page (I know thats a pilot in the picture): carid.com/2003-mitsubishi-montero-grill-guards/bull-bar-60230.html

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure the brand of bull bar would make a difference so if you have any know-how on installing another bull bar that would probably help too.

Thanks in advance!
-Vanq

Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 AM

what did the people that you bought it from say ???? they would be the ones to talk to

Old 04-10-2013, 01:39 PM

They said they have had a lot of problems with the Montero fitment. They said that it probably doesn't have a way to mount it (since it should have holes already drilled on the frame) and if it does than I can try and drill them myself.

Does anybody have a bull/push bar or grille guard on a 01-06 Montero on this forum? I can't believe that there wouldn't be an option for this vehicle. Many bull bars seem that you just take off the tow hooks and mount them there but the Montero doesn't have removable tow hooks.

If someone does know of a bull/push bar that works could you give me the link, at this point I'm more disappointed that it looks like there is no options for a bull bar on the Montero... Pretty ridiculous.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Vanquished
They said they have had a lot of problems with the Montero fitment. They said that it probably doesn't have a way to mount it (since it should have holes already drilled on the frame) and if it does than I can try and drill them myself.

Does anybody have a bull/push bar or grille guard on a 01-06 Montero on this forum? I can't believe that there wouldn't be an option for this vehicle. Many bull bars seem that you just take off the tow hooks and mount them there but the Montero doesn't have removable tow hooks.

If someone does know of a bull/push bar that works could you give me the link, at this point I'm more disappointed that it looks like there is no options for a bull bar on the Montero... Pretty ridiculous.
ARB makes an excellent bull bar that works with the OEM air bag system.

Vehicle Page