Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/)
-   -   Buy A Real 4-Wheel Drive (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/buy-real-4-wheel-drive-35941/)

surfcandy 05-20-2010 10:15 PM

Buy A Real 4-Wheel Drive

Don't buy a Mitsu go for a few more dollars and buy the bigger towing power plants like Ford,Toyota,Chevy,Nissan,etc. For towing needs stay away from the Mitsubishi junk.

Mr. Z. 05-20-2010 11:32 PM

Have fun towing on the trails! I know guys tow Adventure Trailers and home built rigs behind their jeeps on some fun tracks, but you don't see very many full size trucks towing anything out in the bush. They are great for hauling trailers to the dump or full of material, but why off-roading?
See ya in the back-country.

socal1200r 05-21-2010 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by surfcandy (Post 259436)
Don't buy a Mitsu go for a few more dollars and buy the bigger towing power plants like Ford,Toyota,Chevy,Nissan,etc. For towing needs stay away from the Mitsubishi junk.

Those aren't "real" 4-wheel drives...FJ40s, FJ55s, and Defenders, now those are "real" 4wds!

pfcperry17 05-21-2010 03:28 PM

Did you sign up just to burn Mitsubishi? :cool:

redturboeclipse 05-22-2010 12:16 AM

this guy is just flaming because he had a problem with the dealer or some crap. look at this post history..

he owns a montero sport.

he broke his car and he let the dealer rape him in the butt to where it was gaping, so now he is just bashing from his experience... totally irrelevant post

pfcperry17 05-22-2010 02:16 AM

From what his first post said....I figured he just wanted to burn Mitsu...

Obakemono 05-22-2010 12:39 PM

Troll

From reading your posts, you have an anger issue first of all, but really, did you weigh your boat? 2000 lbs for the trailer and boat? Or did you add 1000 lbs of stuff to the boat, then had the back of the Monty filled with stuff? Did you do any PM on the tranny? Fluid/filter change? Band adjustment? What was the history on the vehicle? Was it abused? Did you add a second tranny cooler? You came on here wanking about your Monty and blaming Mitsu for your problems, but did you really take the time to make sure you prepped the truck right for towing? Or should I just expect and "FU, Mitsu sux blahblahblah" reply. Some peoples kids......................