Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/)
-   -   a/c controls don't show on information center (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/c-controls-dont-show-information-center-2325/)

adornare 10-08-2004 02:48 AM

a/c controls don't show on information center

hi all,
Just bought a 2001 Montero Limited, and the user's manual says that the a/c control status is supposed to be displayed on the digital information center, but mine doesn't display. Does it only work on models with Auto climate control, or is mine not working properly. Thanks in advance..

wausheen 11-07-2004 10:06 PM

RE: a/c controls don't show on information center

I have a 2002 Montero Limted with the same problem. I am thinking about calling the local dealership for information.

DarkManC 11-15-2004 05:27 PM

Some models only have the clock display only.If you press the display button on the face and nothing changes.You vehicle is not equipped with the auto climate control.

brainodo 12-22-2004 05:48 PM

There is a way to put the dispaly into a "diag" mode and test connections. I had this problem before and running the diags worked. I also had the problem prior to knowing about the diag mode and I simply took out the ac controls disconnected the harnesses and then reconnected and then it showed up in the display again. I will try to find the info on how to put display into diag mode and post again. It involves pressing a combination of buttons on the display while turning the key on, I believe.

Terry

Winshawn 01-31-2005 02:51 PM

This happened recently to my '03 Montero. It happened after an interior light was left on all night (kids). So when I started it in the morning the battery barely cranked the car over and the computer displays got screwed up. (no heater temp display, no outside air temp display). Took it to the dealer and he "reset" the computer. No charge (warranty), but he would not tell me how he did it. Said it was not a owner thing.

nagoya75 02-04-2005 10:39 PM

I CALL THE DEALER, THEY SHOW ME HOW TO RESET IT. PRESS THE DISPLAY BUTTON THEN TURN THE KEY TO THE ACC POSITION, FOR 10 SECOND, THE THE SCREEN WILL HAVE THE INSTRUCTION, I THINK TURN THE KEYT O ON POSITION. THAT IS IT. BUT YOU NEED TO RECALIRATE YOUR COMPASS.

i HAVE THE QUESTION FOR YOU GUY. WHEN YOU DRIVE A CAR APPROXIATE 35 TO 45 MILES/HOUR, RELEASE THE GAS PEDAL (TAKE YOUR FOOT OF THE GAS PEDAL) THEN STEP IT QUICK LIKE ACCELERATION, DID YOU HEAR THE NOISE "BUMB" ON THE REAR DIFFERENTIAL.

THANK