Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/)
-   -   Ebay reverse camera for Montero Pajero (not sport), VIDEO review, in HD 720P (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/ebay-reverse-camera-montero-pajero-not-sport-video-review-hd-720p-37361/)

redturboeclipse 10-16-2010 12:42 AM

Ebay reverse camera for Montero Pajero (not sport), VIDEO review, in HD 720P

Got a nice reverse camera, ill let the video reviews show it, better to start off with part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8GVdGu009g

then part 1 for night time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGjzs73Qz3A

I have a 2002 USDM Mitsubishi Montero (not Sport) Limited.

I have a nice head unit that has reverse camera input, and trigger.

I installed everything myself, and I have all the features done. I have separate amps for speakers and the sub, headrest monitors, gps, hd radio, etc. Full integration of all features.

The only thing missing was the reverse camera so I finally got it.

I know my way around the 3rd Gen 2001-2006 USDM Montero wiring for car audio. It is intimidating due to being an SUV. If anyone needs help or questions feel free to ask.

I will get still pics tomorrow of the reverse camera tomorrow.

guangui 10-16-2010 10:00 PM

Thanks for the info, just bought everything to upgrade my 2005 Montero's cheap sounding Infinity factory system. Everything, except the amp will be kept in it's factory location. Was going to do the job myself, but removing the Montero rear panels seem to be a real pain. So, decided to go with professional install, which will set me back $185.00, but will be properly done by a very well known and trusted local installer. Equipment is: Clarion VZ-709 head unit, Alpine PDX-5 amp, Infinity Kappa 6.5" Components for the front, Infinity Kappa 6.5" Coaxials for the rear, JL Audio 8" Free Air Sub (8W1V2-4), and two (2) 7" Planet Audio monitors in brackets for the rear seat.

I hadn't given much thought to adding a camera; head unit has all the features for it. Your information helped me decide in getting one. Is the light size 97mm x 35mm???

Contrary to your Montero , mine uses a single DIN head unit as the great engineering brains at Mits decided to install a single DIN radio, then have the A/C controls underneath, and then, where you have your A/C controls, install the CD changer. I could have purchased a Double DIN head unit, but it meant taking off the CD Changer (which I will no longer use anyways), and moving the A/C controls to the location where the CD changer was. Didn't want to go thru all that trouble.

mitsustigi 10-17-2010 03:18 AM

Thanks Red Turbo. Had seen these, but was skeptical about the image quality and the view they provided because of the spare tire cover.

If you have any tips on finding aftermarket parts for the Paj/Monty/Shogun in NA, please let me know.

Okcnate 09-08-2012 08:38 PM

Do I need an adapter to connect to Infiniti system?

Okcnate 09-18-2012 08:29 AM

Reverse Camera Trigger Wire

RedTurbo, I'm in the middle of a double din and camera install and am having trouble finding the reverse lights switch in the center console. Could you direct me to this wire? Or, did you run a wire directly to your reverse lights? Thanks in advance for any help on this.

redturboeclipse 09-23-2012 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Okcnate (Post 286911)
Do I need an adapter to connect to Infiniti system?

do you have the USDM Montero? If so you need an entirely new system.

redturboeclipse 09-23-2012 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Okcnate (Post 287102)
RedTurbo, I'm in the middle of a double din and camera install and am having trouble finding the reverse lights switch in the center console. Could you direct me to this wire? Or, did you run a wire directly to your reverse lights? Thanks in advance for any help on this.

It wouldve been such a paint to run a wire directly to the back for the reverse light. I found the wire under driver side console. I just started tapping wires and putting the car in reverse until I found the +12v that switched on when I did. I forgot which one it is, I don't have the truck with me anywhere so I can't really juswt get a pic or check. If you have a probe you'll just have to start testing wires until you find it, but I found mine again in the bundle of wires in driver side

Okcnate 09-24-2012 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by redturboeclipse (Post 287225)
It wouldve been such a paint to run a wire directly to the back for the reverse light. I found the wire under driver side console. I just started tapping wires and putting the car in reverse until I found the +12v that switched on when I did. I forgot which one it is, I don't have the truck with me anywhere so I can't really juswt get a pic or check. If you have a probe you'll just have to start testing wires until you find it, but I found mine again in the bundle of wires in driver side

Well, I ended up going the long route and ran a wire back to my reverse lights. Thanks for the reply.

ktodd98 01-10-2013 11:00 PM

what dash kit did you use to get this to fit properly?

Okcnate 01-11-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by ktodd98 (Post 289608)
what dash kit did you use to get this to fit properly?

Because of the weight of the double din unit, I wanted to avoid the plastic kits if at all possible. Fortunately, the company I work for has a sheetmetal shop. I had them make me brackets out of 14ga steel and I drilled the holes as necessary.

I didn't need any trim pieces as the double din unit fits perfectly. There might be an 1/8in gap around the perimeter, but it doesn't look bad at all.