Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/)
-   -   Montero Limited Shocks & Struts (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/montero-limited-shocks-struts-46933/)

MurphyLimited01 08-15-2014 02:26 PM

Montero Limited Shocks & Struts

Hey guys need new Shocks and Struts for my 2001 Montero Limited. Looking at KYB vs Monroe. I like the White KYB ones but cheap also works for me. Whats the recommendations and what's the difference with Gas-A-Just vs OE?

Akzle 08-15-2014 11:08 PM

monroe make perfectly adequate shocks. for the price, they'd be my preference.

while there is nothing wrong with KYB if you're going 'upmarket', you might as well go all the way and get OME, which i can guarantee you do not need on that vehicle.

MurphyLimited01 08-17-2014 12:41 PM

Thanks for the Recommendation and I am going with the Monroe Shocks and Struts. I ordered from shocks.com and found a 5% off coupon code. I'll post how things go.

MurphyLimited01 09-03-2014 10:09 AM

So all went well no problems. The rear shock were easy as the springs are on the inside and are not part of the shock assembly. The Front struts require access to the top of the struts. So the battery area and the air filter housing will need to be removed as well as the lower arm assembly to be able to removed whole shock and spring assembly. I used the spring compressors from O'Reilly's tool loan. They worked good just have to position them in the right place in order to get a socket on it.

Akzle 09-03-2014 01:19 PM

good job, good result. And thanks for actually following up the thread. Nice one.

Joe Gokey 09-08-2014 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by MurphyLimited01 (Post 304079)
Hey guys need new Shocks and Struts for my 2001 Montero Limited. Looking at KYB vs Monroe. I like the White KYB ones but cheap also works for me. Whats the recommendations and what's the difference with Gas-A-Just vs OE?

I have had 4 Monteros and used various shocks but the best by far have been the OME Nitro Chargers best ride and control

tdennehy 02-17-2017 10:29 PM

2001 Montero XLS shocks/struts

I saw your post about OME. Did you mean OEM?

My Monty XLS has 172k on her, and I was going to replace shocks/struts. I believe they are original.

What is your recommendation? You have had four Montys?

Thanks
Tim

Joe Gokey 02-18-2017 09:40 AM

OME shocks

OME means Old Man Emu made in Austrailia by
ARB

BKellas 10-09-2018 02:48 PM

Thanks for the write up. I have a 2002 Montero Limited and its shocks are clearly spent.

HunterD 10-10-2018 04:36 PM

When my OEM shocks were out, I replaced them with the OME (Old Man Emu). I've upgraded to the full OME suspension at the same time and the only regret I have is not doing that upgrade much earlier. The entire setup is excellent. Ride is superb (I dare say better than original).