Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Seattle Montero Mechanic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Default Seattle Montero Mechanic?

Hi, i have an 01 Limited that needs some work. Does anyone know a mechanic in Seattle that is familiar with this vehicle? Thanks!

Old 12-07-2019, 04:52 PM

Hi, Digger. I think this is my first post on this forum but hopefully this will help. I have a 2001 Limited as well that I bought about a year and a half ago. The previous owner provided most of the receipts for the work he had done. Will include a few of them here.

Earl's Garage - timing belt, water pump, etc.
-I actually went back to these guys a few months ago because the timing belt tensioner failed (previous owner had the above work done in February of 2018). They replaced it (out of warranty and it doesn't transfer anyway) and it's been fine since then.

Aurora Clutch and More - brakes and calipers

Harris Mitsubishi - power steering pump

Thanks.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:47 PM

Thank you! I have a issue with a weird sound after i depress the brake pedal. Also, i can't get it into 4x4. I dropped it off at a good reliable mechanic and he's having trouble diagnosing both issues. I'd like to find someone who has experience. I brought it to Pierre Mitsu on LCW and they were worthless. I may have to bring it up to Harris. Thanks

Old 04-25-2021, 09:36 AM
Default Brake issue?

Any luck figuring out the brake issue? Any luck finding a local mechanic in the Seattle Area?

Old 04-26-2021, 02:02 PM

Hi, it was the brake accumulator. I have not found a good Montero mechanic in Seattle. It has been very difficult to find parts when it has needed maintenance. Lucky nothing major has failed.

If anyone else wants to chime in on a Seattle mechanic that'd be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 11-22-2022, 05:33 PM

Younker Mitsubishi in Renton has been fantastic. I had a check engine light in my '02 Montero Sport that my usual mechanic couldn't figure out how to fix and he told me he thought it waas a bad ECM and I'd need a new one. Younker quickly, and cheaply, figured out it was a mis-routed vacuum line (I believe caused by my usual mechanic). Subsequently my harmonic balance failed. My neighbor and I couldn't get the crankshaft bolt out, my usual mechanic also tried and couldn't budge it, and Younker's service department barely broke a sweat getting it fixed. Again, I thought the cost was reasonable for this service, too, and they did some logical upsells (replace timing belt and water pump), but just mentioned the items and let me decide without pressuring me. The usual mechanic refused to consider using customer supplied parts, but Younker had no problem with that, either.