Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 interior lighting

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Default RE: 07 interior lighting

Update:

Here are the pics. Sorry for the blurriness of the first 2, handheld at night with no flash isn't optimal conditions for taking pics.

First is the license plate light. A 6 LED 194 bulb in bright white. This gives off the look of HID's, so a hint of blue.
Name:  DSC_6386-1.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  35.7 KB

Second is the interior lights. I think 6 LEDs in a chip form, 31 mm festoon type bulb in bright white. Hard to really show how it looks on camera, but this is the best I could get. Forget what it looks outside, basically the space in front of the dash is how it looks. Very high class feel also with a hint of blue. It makes it look a lot more expensive, and the mood is a lot better than the whitish-yellow of normal bulbs.
Name:  DSC_6392-2.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  69.5 KB

Third is my next purchase, LEDs for when the HIDs are on. Didn't even know those were there until I was checking how bright my highbeams were. Then going to change the amber bulbs in the rear turn signal to LEDs that are clear but flash amber. I found out those are the 7440 bulb, which aren't very common.
Name:  DSC_6393-3.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  58.9 KB

Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 AM

Looks kind of cool. I never would have thought of bothering with interior lights, but I like it.

Not to hijack your thread either... but you post some good pics that make me think:
Wouldn't it be easy to just make one of those "adhesive dash kit" peices that go where I show in this (your) picture? This is the only place in the car where I agree with reviews about there being too much plastic - I think everywhere else looks good. So some sort of material here might look decent, and be easy to apply.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:27 PM

That might look good in the right color and add a little something to the door panels. Maybe someone can fabricate something up that looks nice and works out!

Old 07-29-2007, 03:30 PM

LEDs and turn signals never seem to mix..you'll have to get some resistors so they will blink at a normal rate (unless Mitsu is using an electronic flasher)

What are the small bulbs in the HID units, I know they only light with the parking lights, but what is their purpose?

Old 07-29-2007, 03:36 PM

No idea on the bulbs in the headlight housing.

So I shouldn't go for LED's on the turn signals? I went to my autoparts store and I could hardly find the 7440 bulb, let alone one that was silver that flashes amber. I'll look into it though.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:34 AM

Regarding interior lights, how easy are these bulbs replaced with LEDS? Can you post DIY instructions?

Mitsu girl

Old 08-16-2007, 01:16 PM

Very easy. All you do is pry the cover off with a screwdriver, and pull out the old bulb. Push the new one in, and that is it!!

If it doesn't light up, flip the bulb around and put it in and it should work.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:59 PM

Has anyone tried the LED turn signals on the 07 outtie yet? Do they need the resistor or are we good to go?

Old 08-26-2007, 11:52 AM

Does anyone know what part/model number for interior lighting, fog lightand also license plate light for 07 Outlander? I assume it's the same on most cars. Btw, these are the brightest dome LEDs you'll find (I had them in TSX)

http://autolumination.com/festoon.htm

How many do we need for dome lightning?

Old 08-26-2007, 12:18 PM

The interior lights are the festoon type and 31mm. You need 2 for the front, 1 for the middle, and 1 for the hatch for a total of 4.
The license plate lights are the regular 194 wedges, and you need 2 of those.

As for the fog lights, I am not really sure. I think it says it in the manual, but it is raining outside so I can't really get it right now.

Quick Reply: 07 interior lighting