Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   07 outlander 6 disk cd player NOT MINE (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/07-outlander-6-disk-cd-player-not-mine-21719/)

antlip 08-29-2007 09:06 PM

07 outlander 6 disk cd player NOT MINE

Was searching around ebay and came across this 6 disk cd player from and 07 outlander. Its not mine and I dont know anything about the seller. I take no responsibility of anything outcome if you buy this. I have seen a few post on here for the upgraded head unit and if there is anyone interested in buying this try to conmunicate with each other so you dont bid this thing up to 500 dollars against each other. Might save you guys some money in the long run.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...spagenameZWDVW

chili_g 08-30-2007 08:16 AM

RE: 07 outlander 6 disk cd player NOT MINE

Be very leary of this sale... I am pretty sure you get none of the power associated with the RF system. To my understanding, the head unit is exactly the same - fosgate or no. The fosgate system adds the amp, betters speakers, and a sub (and logo).

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that... but I'm pretty sure.

This would be better advertised as "6-disc" player.... which is certainly worth buying (if you have an LS),but is falsely advertised as a "650-watt" system in this ad.

chili_g 08-30-2007 08:18 AM

...Note also, that with the LS->XLS 6-disc swap, your dash fascia and buttons and all that hardware should not need to be changed... all you need is the metal box behind the dash.

tcp 08-30-2007 09:09 AM

good find. The faceplate is the same as the one in the single disc LS vehicle. definately not 650 watts, but fine for the few times i get to play anything except "mickey's happy songs" and "Tickles and tunes" in the outlander. Kids get quite attached to "their" music while driving.

antlip 08-30-2007 06:03 PM

It says right in the auction

"This Auction is for the radio tuner/6-disc and the face plate "dash cover/controlls".

He is saying that this head unit if the face plate to a 650 watt rockford fosgate system.Can you even get the RF subs and amp and 9 speaker set up with this face plate? Or do you need the navi.

zontarh 08-31-2007 05:07 AM

Are you sure this isn't one of those with fm signal issues, now that they have a fix you could be seeing many of the faulty ones for sale now that they are replacing them.

antlip 08-31-2007 06:43 AM

It could be I dont know. I just happen to come across it looking around for outlander stuff. I seen a few people post they wanted to upgrade their 1 cd player to a 6 disk and thought this could be a cheaper way than going to the dealer. Anyone interested in buying it would have to contact the seller and ask their questions.

chili_g 09-01-2007 08:49 AM

"Upgrade your base radio in your 2008 Lancer/ or Outlander to the 650 watt 6-disc!! that you would normally have to get in the "sun and sound" packages!"

That's the false advertising part, IMHO. The guy might honestly not understand how it works though... who knows.

But, yeah, you should be able to get the RF system without NAV... sun and sound are separate packages from NAV. That's actually why I am pretty sure that all the 'punch' from the RF system comes from the external amp, and it's the same head unit.

antlip 09-01-2007 12:09 PM

Some people could take it wrong like that, I took it as you get the 6 disc cd player that comes with the 650 watt RF system. If someone bought this and thought they were getting the 650 watt system with amp and sub they would be completely blind.

Its no big deal though, im not trying to have an fight over what somebody on ebay is trying to say. If anyone does buy this just be aware your getting just the 6disc head unit. Your NOT getting a 650 watt system that includes amp and sub. Did I help anyone this and they are thinking about buying it? Just curious.