Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2005 Outlander - When I have to use a tranny's Sport Mode function?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 03:41 PM
JMC
Default RE: 2005 Outlander - When I have to use a tranny's Sport Mode function?

It is fun to use and I think it's great to downshift when you stop...take some pressure off the brakes a little.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:47 PM

Thank you very much all of you guy forthe bestadvice. I appreciated that

Old 05-06-2007, 02:36 AM

hi guys,
i'm a mitsu lover too, even if we can't get manual trans' in all their cars. though much of the long mileage i put on my expo was stop and go trying to get to and from the nj tpk exit 16e, i didn't really miss the automatic, though i guess i could have lived with it; but having driven trucks between 'careers' for a few years around the ny-nj and philly areas, a car clutch is no problem. really, the outlander clutch is the lightest of any car i've driven, and stop and go isn't tiring. the evo's is also light, and both are a noticeable difference from my expo.
jerry, that sapporo was a nice car, and though one of my brothers had that small plymouth arrow which was a mitsu as well, i never really thought about a japanese car until the sapporo. i never liked toyotas, and the 2nd generation honda civic my father, and that littler honda my youngest brother bought were the most uncomfortable cars i ever had the misfortune to drive, but that was my 'between careers' time. after the opel's distributor went south, and the wife's rambler hornet was vandalized beyond repair, i was unable to get any new car, let alone a sapporo. both of those had manuals....as you can tell, i'm of your age group...
plus four....
the new lancer looks really nice, i hope the new evo looks like it....i'm a frustrated evo owner, but i needed, can i say it? a wagon, as i still have two at home; well one i have to move to and from her college dorm. awd would be really nice in the lancer wouldn't it? if subaru can do it for all their cars with that gutless n/a 2.5, ( i had to add that editorial comment ) why can't mitsu at least add a few awd models?
hey rc, my dealer was telling me that mitsu's cvt is quite smooth, and doesn't have the parasitic power loss the old european ones had, but i didn't read that review you mentioned, so you may be right. however, we can't blame him for being as much or more a mitsu fan than you, jerry, and i, and a good number of the rest of us, right? triple diamonds forever!!!
jim