Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   2007 Interior door trim panels (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/2007-interior-door-trim-panels-22088/)

abrcrombe 09-11-2007 04:35 PM

RE: 2007 Interior door trim panels

First NEW car for me, HAS to be babied. :)

OTO27 09-11-2007 05:34 PM

I babied my 2004 Ralliart, I love this one 10X more but I will not babie, this is a mans car! Scratches just gives a mans car character..lol.

klas 09-11-2007 05:48 PM

TSX was my first new car and I was getting very upset with every new scratch or dent and they DO happen. I always parked far away and still got a few dents. I never followed too close and got tons of paint chips. Also, my hood was scratched up and I have no idea how that happened. I didn't see if the interior was scratched, but I was too lazy to clean inside during 10 month of ownership. (only treated leather once and gave regular hand washes) On top all of this, I got rear ended, so the car with only 5k miles and barely a year old already had accident on the record. I was really upset, because I owned ton of junk cars in the past and NOT once I was rear ended!

In the end, I took the car to a dealership (unwashed inside or out) and it was traded in for a full value of what it's worth. Dealer didn't even care about paint chips or dents or even the new rear bumper. Pretty much gave me the price I wanted (based on kbb trade in value)

I've seen some people repaint cars with every scratch they get and it's understandable if it's a show room car, but for practical ride (which is what this car is for) it's overdoing it...

Sorry, I may've gone a little off topic... we are talking about interior scratches :)

OTO27 09-11-2007 09:56 PM

Klas, you are completelly on topic and I agree with you, I still love and care for my car. But in the end its just a dailly driver and not a show car, minor scratches and such are not worth getting a head ache for.

puddy 09-13-2007 02:29 PM

I always look after my cars and keep them in good conditon if I dont my lease loses me money.($400)

Would you consider a $41000 to be a luxury car I bet you would because that how much my car would cost you in the USA

Car to US buyers cost so little up to 60% less than in theUK and the Outlander is a luxury car here in the UK

regards
Puddy

oh and yes the door panels mark easy I taken to keeping a duster in the car to get rid of the white marks left behindfrom my fingers tips

Malu 09-13-2007 04:09 PM

Never really thought about it, but in Sweden the Outlander I ordered (pretty much a loaded XLS minus Navi) with winter tires, electric engine heater and trailer hitch end up at around 51.500 USD... Of course, the exchange rate is the lowest it's been for a long time, but still. I ordered it to use it, but I'll probably nurse it for a while ;)

bnilguy 09-14-2007 09:36 AM

I've found the interior is pretty easily scratched..the door panels and the silver painted parts..I've got 2 nicks by the cupholders and the area around the seatbelt buckle. I wonder if they sell touchup paint that perfectly matches.

I've got some plexus, I'll try that on the door panels (particularly by the handle/release)

puddy 09-14-2007 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Malu

Never really thought about it, but in Sweden the Outlander I ordered (pretty much a loaded XLS minus Navi) with winter tires, electric engine heater
I have always wanted to fit an electric engine heater in my car. is yourOutlander a diesel engine and is your voltage around 230 volts? If so I will be able to get one and fit it to mine

Kind regards

Puddy
ps how are you getting on reading the radio clock read out in bright sun shine?

Malu 09-14-2007 12:38 PM

Yes, ordered the diesel version and you should be able to use exactly the same product in the UK, just need a different plug for the outlet. I ordered it to be installed pre-purchase, but it's available to get it installed later as well.

It's made by http://wup.defa.com/en/- no idea if it's available in the UK though.