Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

coolant level sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 09:19 AM
Default coolant level sensor

Hi guys, few days ago I had a problem with my 2007 Outlander 2.0DI-D. Clip that was holding engine temperature (coolant temperature) sensor broke off and coolant spilled on the road. I didn't noticed that until got home, but luckily didn't damaged anything because it was short trip. Then I noticed my outlander doesn't have coolant level sensor... that is pretty much stupid in my opinion, because when my temp sensor fell off, I couldn't know that engine is overheating
does maybe non-diesel outlanders have that sensor in the coolant reservoir, so I can maybe retrofit it, because if some hose bursts, or anything similar happens again, I think engine will get destroyed for sure

Old 07-31-2016, 03:21 PM

Theorectically if the temp sensor goes off, you shut off the engine immediately, long before damage is done. So it's really redundant to have both.

How full was your radiator, you're probably fine, you would have seen smoke(steam) coming from under the hood before you hurt your engine.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:57 AM

But how should I know that temp sensor fell out, car doesn't have any way to inform me that temperature reading is inaccurate?! every last drop of coolant leaked out,no steam, no anything...