Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 XLS Power seat tilting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Default 2007 XLS Power seat tilting?

My '07 XLS with everything is a week old and the drivers power seat has some play in it. When pulling away from a stop it tilts back, then tilts forward when slowing down. If you get out and check it by hand it doesn't seem all that bad but when driving it is VERY noticable and annoying as hell, makes the vehicle feel cheap.

Brought it in today and serice said "they all do it, even the ones on the showroom floor, I can order another seat but it will be the same", so, no joy. I have not seen this problem posted in any Mitsu forums, so I can't believe they ALL do it.

Anyone else??

Old 03-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Default RE: 2007 XLS Power seat tilting?

Can't say I've noticed this in mine but I will be on the lookout - question: does it matter what position you have the seat in or does it do the rocking all the time regardless?

Old 03-14-2007, 01:18 AM

Mine doesn't do it, but my previous non-Mitsubishi vehicle did and it bugged me a lot. Get it fixed.

If "they all do it" then have the dealer show you a couple of cars on the lot that also have that problem.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:43 AM

I'm a pretty picky person and haven't noticed my 07 xls powerdrivers seat rocking. How hard are you accelerating from a stop? I wouldn't believe the dealer who told you , "They all do it." Not all Outlanders have power drivers seats either. That's a copout. They should fix it oryou can take it to another Mitsubishi dealer who will.

JH

Old 03-14-2007, 01:43 AM

Power seats shouldnt have play in them. I weight about 170 and the seat doesn't move at all. I would think the seat moving like that when braking and starting it could be a safety hazard. In a head on accident, the seat will move you closer to the steering wheel. I dont want to think about what would happen if you get into an accident and the seat totally breaks.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:39 AM

I had hoped it mattered what position but it doesn't. It is supposed to be a nice day today so I will take a close look at it. The local dealer is a putz so I bought it 50 miles away, unfortunately I'm not impressed with my first service visit. They did however order the bearing kit for the front end pop issue. I'll rattle the salesmans cage today, they can order a seat while I'm waiting for the bearing kit.

Thanks guys,

Mike

Old 03-14-2007, 01:50 PM

I noticed that if I grab hold of the steering wheel and intentionally rock forwards and backwards that I can feel a very slight movement in the back. Is this what you are referring to?

Old 03-14-2007, 02:03 PM

In mine there is about 3/8" play for the seat to rock. Doesn't seem like much until you experience it moving when driving. It does improve a bit with the seat fully forward and a bit more pronounced when all the way back. If you grab the headrest and the front of the seat cushion and rock it, you can feel it. So it is not the backrest rocking by itself, it is the seat as a whole.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:36 PM
JMC

I just messed with the seat to see if I noticed anything.....nothing..no play for my seat.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 PM

Check the bolts that hold the seat down. If those are tight then tell the dealer to show you every other outlander there and try to rock the seats.

Quick Reply: 2007 XLS Power seat tilting?