Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2008 Outlander "SE" mudguards

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Default 2008 Outlander "SE" mudguards

Has anyone purchased the 2008 Outlander SE model and had mudguards installed?? The OEM accessory that fit the 2007 model does work on the new SE model as the side rocker covers are different.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Default RE: 2008 Outlander "SE" mudguards

I remember seeing a note somewhere that you cannot install them with the air dams on the SE.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:17 PM

From the EURO Accessories Catalog:

Mudguards

Black, can be colour-keyed.
Front set.
Cannot be combined with side airdam.
MZ313931
Rear set.
MZ313932

The catalog was printed in OCT 2007 so maybe Mitsubishi has made a set to fit the air dam by now (I hope). Did the Airdams come with the chrome strip installed?

Aussie Accessory Catalog:
Note: Front Mudflaps are not suitable for vehicles fitted with the Genuine Ground Effects AERO Body Kit.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:07 PM

I'm curious if the airdam comes WITHOUT the chrome strip. It would look odd on my LS, which only has black plastic trim. If yes, I might consider them (not for the current price though), as they would definitely help with the paint chipping issue. In this case, I would be glad to remove the mudguards as I don’t really like them on the car. If not, I will do just fine with the door garnish I already bought and some extra clear film on the rear door.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:35 AM

The air dams come with the chrome strip installed. On the XLS model they look nice. The install was easy, remove front mud guards, pop off old rocker covers and pop in new ones.

The front mudguards do not fit due to design change in style ofSE Air Dams. I've called Mitsubishi and they've opened a case up to find out if the front mudguards are available for SE style vehicles. Their website list them as an accessory when you build and SE Model but the part number the dealers have is same as i have.

I'll follow up once I hear back from them.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:21 PM

The part number you need is MZ380426EX.

I just picked up my set from the dealership, and although I haven't installed them, I opened up the package and held a front and rear mud guard up to my '08 SE to check for proper fit. They fit perfect!

Old 04-11-2008, 01:48 PM

I checked at parts.com and the Mud Guards with part# MZ380426EX are listed at $113.98 MSRP and $79.33 Purchase price. Add in shipping and you might beat the dealer price.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:04 PM

Thanks OldDogNuTrx and rancho66. I am going to order the MZ380426EX that youconfirmed OldDogNuTrx. I heard from Mitsubishi Corporate and they gave me the part number I have already.I called the gal back and told her it doesn't work. I haven't heard back from her. Imagine, the manufactures representatives can't get it right. I called last week and the guy on the phone told me there wasn't any other numbers. So I called the second time and openedthe case. I can see how the dealers strugglewith dissemenation of the information. My selling dealer closed it's doors recently soI have togo elsewhere for service. I'm in CT. I love the Outlander and hope that Mitsubishi can get it's a act together for the service after the sale.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:39 PM

djnman, thanks for letting me know that the chrome strips come on the aero covers...when you install the SE mudguards post a pic or two so I can see how they look...I am on the fence about buying the parts that you have...priced out at $920 (s&h included) for the aero rockers and mudguards from parts.com Will decide after summer gets here in Wisconsin...around August

Old 04-30-2008, 11:30 AM

Just wanted to update you on my quest for the correct front mudguards for 08 Outlander SE style air dams or rocker covers. I ordered part # MZ380426EX assuggested in this series of postings. The fit perfectly!!

I would like to take time to thank all of those that contributed my question on this forum. The value that we can get contributing and offering suggestions makes www.mitsubishiforum.com a valuable tool as a mitsubishi owner and those considering the mitsubishi product line.

Thanks again and enjoy your Outties.

Quick Reply: 2008 Outlander "SE" mudguards