Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2008 Outlander XLS

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Angry 2008 Outlander XLS

Has anyone experienced any front end vibration at high speeds over 100 km. I have new tires , and front brakes, this was replaced under warranty as they were making a terrible clunking noise. Still getting vibration and noise not all the time.

Thanks

Old 03-02-2011, 04:57 PM

My 2008 XLS has been vibrating above 60 mph since new.

I rotated tires - didn't help.

Now I am on new tires. Had them road force balanced and did an alignment. Vibration seemed to have gone away, for the most part.

But now a few months later, it is coming back.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:58 PM

Nope, and I've done 145 km/h for a few minutes in my 08 LS and kept an average of 130 km/h for a few hours on the highway. Maybe its the bigger wheels on the XLS causing the issue?

Old 04-09-2011, 04:59 PM

Hi ,

i just bought a 2007 outlander XLS with 50 K mile on it . I have same vibration on driving wheel and even interior ( not all the time ) when speed pass 100KM/h or 60 Mi/h .
and again this seems to get triggered sometimes and Start . sometimes this vibration is mild and sometime very annoying . I Put 4 new tires and balanced and alignment is done .still same issue . I performed a test drive and made a video clip which can be seen from the following Link .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIW8qLCqFDE

Please comment and any advise would be helpful.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:40 PM

I watched the video and I could see the vibration. I have an 08 ES and have no vibration even at 80-85 mph.

You indicated the vibration was there even before the alignment and new tires. That being the case I would have the suspension and driveline checked out by a mechanic you trust. Another possible cause is a bent rim, but I would think that would have been caught when they installed and balanced the tires.

Also if it's a 2007 and only has 50K miles you still should be under Mitsubishi's 5 year/60K miles warranty. It's my understanding that warranty can be transferred to a new owner. That's assuming you're in the US. Not sure about Canadian warranty.

Below is a link to an article about vibration and possible causes.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/vibrations.htm

Last edited by azjake; 04-10-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:24 PM

Warranty in Canada is 10 years and fully transferable.
However, that car has speed in mph, which would indicate its a US import and has no warranty in Canada.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:27 PM
tcp
Default new wheels/tires same issue on 07 LS

I just bought some new wheels/tires from tirerack to replace my summer set that got stolen during the winter. I happened to pick up some 17" rims with 225/60r17 Hankook tires. They had quite a vibration as soon as I installed them. I called tirerack and they had me bring them to a local place and have them rebalanced. The vibration is mostly gone now, except, like everyone else, above 100km/hr it seems to occasionally crop up. Maybe it's the alignment specs cause a larger/heavier rim to oscillate at certain frequencies. I just chalked it up to new tires needing to wear in a bit, but it does seem to come and go in strange ways.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:34 AM

I took the car to another mechanic. he checked the balance on tires and told they are not balanced . seems the other shop only removed all weights from previous balance but didn't add weight to balance it. after balance done, now it drive perfectly fine .

Thanks everyone

Old 04-21-2011, 10:37 AM
tcp

Originally Posted by boboakville
I took the car to another mechanic. he checked the balance on tires and told they are not balanced . seems the other shop only removed all weights from previous balance but didn't add weight to balance it. after balance done, now it drive perfectly fine .

Thanks everyone
I am also having mine road-force balanced today in the hopes that it will get rid of the vibration.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:15 PM

I've had 2 sets of tires on my XLS 18" stock wheels, no vibrations at any speed.

Quick Reply: 2008 Outlander XLS