Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2011 Outlander Sport AWD (US model)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Default 2011 Outlander Sport AWD (US model)

Hi everyone. Just purchased a 2011 Outlander Sport AWD model, Black color.

The car is great. We get about an avg of 24-25mpg. Primarily driving in the city with a little mix of Highway in there. Definitely hit my expectations for gas mileage.

We picked this vehicle for the price and options that it came with. When test driving, I admit that I tried pushing the vehicle to test the power. I was a bit thrown back with the LACK of power. But we decided to purchase the vehicle anyways b/c the other vehicles vs price vs options could not compare. Oh and we love the look of the vehicle as well. The other vehicles that we test drove/looked at were

Nissan Rogue
Nissan Murano
Honda Element
Honda CR-V
Toyota Rav4

Out of all these, the function/options/price and look of the Outlander sport was the top of the list.

After having this vehicle for about a month now. I came to realize that real world driving, this CUV is great! I do not normally push the car hard. I just drive it normally without flooring the gas pedal.

The headlights are GREAT. They provide great visability.

Overall, this CUV is a great buy. Yes it does lack a little bit of power when we test drove it, but real world driving and the concern of gas prices. The way we drive is not the same as when we test drove the vehicle.

*side note... I drive a 2009 Civic Si, 6speed manual* The way I drive the 2 vehicles can't be compared.

Just wanted to share a little of my opinion on the 2011 Outlander Sport AWD model.

Oh just wondering what others are paying for their Outlander Sport AWD model out the door price. We paid $23,000 out the door.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:52 PM

I agree, I have moderate driving habits and almost didn't consider this vehicle because of the hundreds of reviews blasting this car for lack of power. I pass vehicles effortlessly around where I live. Obviously not those teenagers driving BMWs and Mercedes AMGs, but I pass with ease other V6/V8 SUVs that seem to struggle going uphill, and all those high performance luxury cars with 3.5L V6s etc.

I paid 24k for my AWD one with the glass roof and the upgraded audio system before tax. I live in a state with 10% sales tax.

Jlui83 - do you live in a "flat" state like Texas without many hills? I get much less gas mileage on mine, even in 2wd mode. I have a LOT of moderate to steep hills around here though.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:47 AM

Oh forgot to mention. We just have the AWD model with no options. We made the dealer throw in the all season floor mats though.

We live right outside of washington DC. We do have some hills, but i guess not too much.

We also mainly drive in 2wd mode. I'm contimplating on getting another one b/c I'll be giving my Civic Si to a relative in 2 months.