Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2012 Outlander sport key duplicating .

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Default 2012 Outlander sport key duplicating .

So this is my new challenge. My used Outlander came with one key. Its the 3 button transponder remote. The dealer wants $200 for the key then $110 to programs it. That's insane and taking advantage of vehicles in my opinion.
So I purchased a used Mitsubishi 3 button key from eBay with the same FCC ID#. Then bought a OEM key blank cut for my vehicle. I'm willing to pay to programs it but the dealer says they can't get it to programs and want me to buy a new key.
What's the deal, has anyone done the same? Locksmiths seem to not have the ability to do it either.

If anyone has experience with this issue please advise.
Thanks!

Old 02-21-2013, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tepco
So this is my new challenge. My used Outlander came with one key. Its the 3 button transponder remote. The dealer wants $200 for the key then $110 to programs it. That's insane and taking advantage of vehicles in my opinion.
So I purchased a used Mitsubishi 3 button key from eBay with the same FCC ID#. Then bought a OEM key blank cut for my vehicle. I'm willing to pay to programs it but the dealer says they can't get it to programs and want me to buy a new key.
What's the deal, has anyone done the same? Locksmiths seem to not have the ability to do it either.

If anyone has experience with this issue please advise.
Thanks!
So YOU were the one who outbid me on that key the other day! lmao

IIRC there are instructions floating around the web on how you can reprogram it yourself as long as you have one properly programmed and functioning fob. i.e. the currently programmed one is what is used to access the ECU. This is to prevent someone from programming a bogus remote and stealing your ****.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 PM

Hey all I can say is auctionsniper.com..lol..anyway I have directions on how to program with 2 original keys but not just 1. I spoke to a locksmith that said he would give it a try on Tue. We'll see.