Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2013 New Owner Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Question 2013 New Owner Question

After weeks of dealing with this VW dealership that happens to sell Mitsuproducts and getting the run arounds with corporate Mitsu, I figured I wouldstop in and ask the masses. Is it true that the 5 speed 2013 Outlander Sport EShas a constant vibration during acceleration? I have read a massive amount ofcomplaints about noise concerns but nothing indicating there is a constantvibration during acceleration at around 2800-3100 rpms (i.e. 65-70 mph). Thedealership says this is 'normal' and Mitsu says they will get with the dealer,and the train goes on and on...so simple question fellow owners: Is this normal?If so is there anything I can buy to make it go away because after spending 25kI would like to at least enjoy cruising speeds on the open road? Thanks for thehelp and all the great threads I have read thus far.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:41 AM

How did you spend $25K on an ES? I got my SE for $22K...

I do not have any vibration issues like you're describing, BUT I have a 2011 4WD SE with the CVT. That's a lot of differences from yours, so take it with a grain of salt.

I'd recommend going to a different dealership...

Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 AM

Well it was 20.5 plus tire protection plan, tags, title, taxes, and doc feesgot it close to 24 so 25k but price aside I have looked into another dealershipbut the closest one is 1.5 hrs away because they are the only Mitsu dealer intown
Thanks for the info on the se, I wish it came with a manual option becausethe manual was one of the main reasons I went with the Mitsu crossover over theothers (well the other cx-5 which is in its first year).

Old 03-26-2013, 06:53 AM

Yeah, the drivetrain options royally sucked overall. No 4WD with manual option sucks, but no 2.0T or 2.4L or TDI is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. I wish mitsu would pull their head out of their *** and stick w/e 2.0L turbo diesel they offer in the UK version (the ASX) so that we could be getting 50+ MPG on the highway with over 200ft/lbs of TQ. But no, instead we have this lawn mower engine.

Best of luck on your vibration issue, sorry for the rant.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by HeadScratcher
After weeks of dealing with this VW dealership that happens to sell Mitsuproducts and getting the run arounds with corporate Mitsu, I figured I wouldstop in and ask the masses. Is it true that the 5 speed 2013 Outlander Sport EShas a constant vibration during acceleration? I have read a massive amount ofcomplaints about noise concerns but nothing indicating there is a constantvibration during acceleration at around 2800-3100 rpms (i.e. 65-70 mph). Thedealership says this is 'normal' and Mitsu says they will get with the dealer,and the train goes on and on...so simple question fellow owners: Is this normal?If so is there anything I can buy to make it go away because after spending 25kI would like to at least enjoy cruising speeds on the open road? Thanks for thehelp and all the great threads I have read thus far.

When the idiot dealer says "they all do that-it's normal" ask them if Mitsu PAID an engineer to do what it does. Ask Mitsu the same thing.

These guys, for the most part, are morons and lazy idiots.

As you have guessed, I have a very low opinion of dealers in general. If they valued your business as much as they claim to, they would take care of problems instead of pushing them aside.

Make a pest of yourself and keep the pressure on Mitsu and the idiot dealer.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 PM

I just got a 2013 outlander and I don't have a vibration so it is NOT normal.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:42 PM

Thanks. I have an appointment scheduled with the Mitsu dealer up in BowlingGreen so I'll be making the 2 hour drive there this weekend so there mechanicscan take a look at it. I test drove a second 5 speed and that 5 speed didn'thave an accelerator vibration at 70 either but this dealership says it comesand goes depending on terrain so that’s why I didn’t feel anything. Volkswagen people have no business working onMitsubishi product imo.