Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2014 Outlander Lost backup camera, and ability to set time / add bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Default 2014 Outlander Lost backup camera, and ability to set time / add bluetooth

HI
I've tried searching for this on this forum and even went to the dealer who just managed to charge for an hour to say they don't know. It started with the backup camera not working, I made sure the reverse lights came on. So when daylight savings time came around we noticed we could not set the time, then we couldn't add a phone thru bluetooth. It seems the head unit doesn't acknowledge it is in park (basically it says so). There are no other electrical problems cropping up, so I guess I'm asking if there's any diagrams or knowledge out there regarding this.

Thanks

Old 01-08-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Revamp
HI
I've tried searching for this on this forum and even went to the dealer who just managed to charge for an hour to say they don't know. It started with the backup camera not working, I made sure the reverse lights came on. So when daylight savings time came around we noticed we could not set the time, then we couldn't add a phone thru bluetooth. It seems the head unit doesn't acknowledge it is in park (basically it says so). There are no other electrical problems cropping up, so I guess I'm asking if there's any diagrams or knowledge out there regarding this.

Thanks
Did you or anyone ever get this resolved? This just started happening to me about 3 weeks ago, same exact issues, when trying to set time or Bluetooth, it says "Cannot be operated during driving" even though I am in park. Also no camera when I put in reverse.

Please advise.
Thanks, Jim

Old 03-26-2020, 05:42 PM
Default Problems solved!

Originally Posted by Jihrke
Did you or anyone ever get this resolved? This just started happening to me about 3 weeks ago, same exact issues, when trying to set time or Bluetooth, it says "Cannot be operated during driving" even though I am in park. Also no camera when I put in reverse.

Please advise.
Thanks, Jim
I had these same problems on my 2014 Outlander. Months after purchase, I tried to set the time, Bluetooth, and noticed no backup camera. I had never had Bluetooth or backup camera on a car, so I didn’t notice they were missing. I backed up one day at church, and hit a low wall. Never saw it! Then realized how important a safety feature it is! Could have been a child! Dealership said searched for problem. I paid $500 for them to figure it out. Then $ for used radio. Yep! That was the problem. Came to grand total of $1400! Sometimes they can just pull radio out, and put it back in. But mine obviously didn’t work the cheap way!! Unemployment didn’t help my despair over the bill. Looks like Mitsubishi should help. Looked for a recall. Hope this helps!!😊