Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Outlander... "Galactica"

Old 04-01-2017, 05:03 PM

Got the grill CF wrapped finally. Went with a non textured wrap to cut through the wind like a knife. lol

Car is running great with the pulley and timing controller still. I might change out the filter to a K&N unit this spring.

Attached Thumbnails 2016 Outlander... "Galactica"-grill-1-.jpg   2016 Outlander... "Galactica"-grill-2-.jpg  
Old 11-17-2017, 06:53 PM

Wow your Big O is looking really good!!!!!! Nice job on the mods and some of your own custom fab work!

Old 11-19-2017, 06:54 PM

Thanks.
Not a lot done this summer on it, been busy remodeling the attic. Not sure if you can call it an attic since it's a full story with peaked ceilings, but we're having fun.
We'll see what happens this next spring, but I may be moving the performance mods over to the wifes 14 model and getting back into a car for my commuting.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:29 AM

Well, got some new shoes for the ride a week ago. got some "B" brand tires off fleebay, but I've been really impressed with what I've experienced with them so far. My Dunlops had pretty much given up their best life over the last 3 seasons, so I searched for some new rubber for my summer wheels and found these. Zenna Argus-UHP 255/45ZR19's.
I did some searching on tire sizes, widths, heigths and tread patterns and I'm really happy with these. Compared to my Dunlops, they ride so much nicer. They are soft but still responsive in the turns. (and yes, I'll enter the on ramps at 85mph with confidence) the wider tires give a little more cushion and fit lock to lock just fine. They are just a hair taller and I like how they fill the wheel well better. So now my wifes Big O, the girls 17 OS, and my Big O are sporting new shoes that each of us are happy with. Not the greatest pics, but If I get the chance to snap some better shots to add here some day soon, I will.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:52 PM

So I've got this 70 mile a day drive, and after running across a 16 Sonata Hybrid SE with only 22K on the ticker, I struck a deal with a dealership and got a smokin' trade for my Big O and almost ended up even in trade.
So now I'm back into a Sonata and my 1st hybrid model. So far the past 2 days I'm averaging 41MPGs. and I gotta admit, I'm really liking the ride. However, I do miss the performance my ute has over the Sonata. Take off and throttle response on the fly my Big O is hands down a quicker, more controlled ride. Just to be fair to the next owner to NOT void any warranty they may have available, I removed the RRM timing controller and my custom made strut bar. the timing controller will be for sale but the one of a kind strut bar will be going on the wifes 14 Big O.
I think the dealer still made out pretty good considering after I had removed the plates and all my stuff, they had a couple looking at it just outside the window of the sales office while we went over paperwork. lol

Best of luck with it to the new owners who ever that will be. It's been great here for the past years and I'll still be around since the wifes Outlander and the girls OS are still part of the family. If anyone is interested in picking up a great Outlander, hit up Beardmore Chevrolet in Bellevue, NE.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:30 AM

How did that grill wrap hold up? It looked really nice covering the "generous" acreage of chrome. The new Outlanders have an available blackout package that smokes over some of the chrome on the grill. Looks way better as well.

Last edited by copyboy311; 05-21-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:29 AM

Wrap held up really well actually. After a couple years the only thing it shows is a little wear around a couple edge spots and a couple small chips from I assume interstate rocks from trucks.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:05 PM

So just an update incase anyone is seriously looking for a NICE Outlander. My 16 2.4 still with aluminum pulley, 19s w/ new 255 series tires is up for sale at Beardmore Chevrolet in Omaha Nebraska. (Bellevue suberb actually) for only $15.300. They took pics before detailing it, but a friend of mine who lives in Omaha has seen it and they did very nice detail job on it..
Any how, I'm liking the Sonata Hybrid a lot for the MPG's and the cushy ride, but damn there's times I really miss the skinny pedal and handling of my Big O. That thing would MOVE.

FYI: if anyone is wanting the RRM timing controller for their ride, I've got the one I pulled off before I traded it for $150.

Here's a pic of the new ride after I trimmed out the front grill in blue for that "Hybrid" look.

Old 04-11-2021, 04:32 PM

So a couple weeks ago now, I bought the wife a 2020 Santa Fe, AWD. . Now we only have the girls 17 OS in the family. Long story short, I miss the handling and power the Galactica had with the mods I put on it, but I'm loving the MPG's of the Hybrid Sonata.

Anyway. If anyone is interested, I still have the One off Strut bar I made for the Outlander, powder coated gloss black and still looks new. I'm also selling the RRM timing controller for the mitsubishi 2.4 motor. (Yes, it works on any of the 2.4's from the Outlander, OS, lancer, etc..)