Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2017 Mitsubish Outlander

Old 12-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Default 2017 Mitsubish Outlander

Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a new Outlander SEL 2.4 and had some questions before I pull the trigger. Has anyone towed with it? How's the car when towing and is there a noticeable difference is an acceleration with 5 adults and the ac on? I'm coming from a 4 cylinder Honda accord that has more HP than this SUV (and can feel sluggish at times) so I'm worried about pick-up and acceleration. During a test drive the CVT tranny seemed to fluctuate revs under full throttle, is this typical? Hows the blind spot monitoring system for everyday use? The interior, leather and whatnot seems a bit cheap, does it hold up well over time? Also, any other issues or problems with the car and are most people happy with it? A brand new 7 row SUV for $24K and a 10 year warranty seems to good to be true so I'm a bit hesitant on signing the papers. Thanks

Old 12-05-2017, 04:42 PM

Get the GT with V6 & automatic transmission.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:36 PM

The GT is 10K more, worse gas mileage, and takes premium fuel. I'll pass- thanks though.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:55 PM

My wifes 14 model with the 2.4 tows small trailers no problem.

My 16 has no hitch, but goes like crazy. I've got the 2.4 in mine and have the RRM crank pulley and the timing controller. best mods I've done. I didn't want the expense of the GT nor the cheap fake wood accents and I didn't need the extra bells. My 2.4 SEL will spank the GT V6 model and I haven't even got to the exhaust yet. I drive 70 miles a day just for commuting time. I still like the comfort and both of our outlanders are doing just fine carrying friends for trips carrying supplies for home renovations. Great value in this lil ute

Old 12-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Krakker

My 16 has no hitch, but goes like crazy. I've got the 2.4 in mine and have the RRM crank pulley and the timing controller. best mods I've done. I didn't want the expense of the GT nor the cheap fake wood accents and I didn't need the extra bells. My 2.4 SEL will spank the GT V6 model and I haven't even got to the exhaust yet. I drive 70 miles a day just for commuting time. I still like the comfort and both of our outlanders are doing just fine carrying friends for trips carrying supplies for home renovations. Great value in this lil ute
Krakker- I'm the same boat, thx for the useful info.

Old 07-14-2018, 02:29 PM

I've got a 2016 SEL 2.4 also...where can I find info about those mods?

Old 07-14-2018, 11:01 PM

Google Road Race Motorsports and check out their Mitsubishi items. They have a segment for the outlander sport and all the engine parts for the 2.4 Lancer, such as the pulley and the timing controller and they are plug N play connections.
I've just order 2 more pulley's from them. I'm putting them on the 14 Outlander, and the daughters new 17 2.4 Sport model. Great throttle response and pick up with the Pulley. Much more power through out the power band with the timing controller.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the info. I may have to try that pulley out.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:31 AM
Default How is the Outlander 2.4 performing?

Hello Rich1357
Did you purchase the Outlander? If so, how is it performing? I’m in the market for a new car. I had a 2001 Galant that had over 200k miles before my kid totaled it-Loved that car. Kid was ok. I have read some unfavorable reviews, but know there might be lemons out there. Thank you for your input, in advance.
Originally Posted by Rich1357
Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a new Outlander SEL 2.4 and had some questions before I pull the trigger. Has anyone towed with it? How's the car when towing and is there a noticeable difference is an acceleration with 5 adults and the ac on? I'm coming from a 4 cylinder Honda accord that has more HP than this SUV (and can feel sluggish at times) so I'm worried about pick-up and acceleration. During a test drive the CVT tranny seemed to fluctuate revs under full throttle, is this typical? Hows the blind spot monitoring system for everyday use? The interior, leather and whatnot seems a bit cheap, does it hold up well over time? Also, any other issues or problems with the car and are most people happy with it? A brand new 7 row SUV for $24K and a 10 year warranty seems to good to be true so I'm a bit hesitant on signing the papers. Thanks

Old 08-30-2018, 07:35 AM
Default Will modifications void original warranty?

Hello Krakker: Will this modification void the warranty?Thanks.
Originally Posted by Rich1357
Google Road Race Motorsports and check out their Mitsubishi items. They have a segment for the outlander sport and all the engine parts for the 2.4 Lancer, such as the pulley and the timing controller and they are plug N play connections.
I've just order 2 more pulley's from them. I'm putting them on the 14 Outlander, and the daughters new 17 2.4 Sport model. Great throttle response and pick up with the Pulley. Much more power through out the power band with the timing controller.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 Mitsubish Outlander