Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Forum participation

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 08:01 AM
Default Forum participation

Are there any other Outlander forums that have a greater participation?

I've always been able to find good forums for all my previous vehicles that had daily updates and good information. So far I find the forums for the Outlander to be almost lifeless.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:29 PM

I don't know of any other forums with more traffic. I agree there's not much volume of discussion here.

While deciding on my next car I've been lurking on the forums for Kia Sorento, Hyundai Santa Fe, and Toyota Highlander. Each of those forums have a lot more activity, but even the Korean brand forums are a little light.

It's no mystery why. In the USA Toyota out-sells Mitsubishi about 19:1. Each Korean brand out-sells Mitsubishi by about 5:1.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:54 PM

The Facebook group has decent participation.

but I agree with wheeldog. Mitsubishi is very lackluster. Low volume and locking down the computer further suppresses enthusiast adoption. It is a good vehicle, but getting inched out. Also, look who's buying these things. Not the guys who will lift, make a trail rig, or engine swap.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:26 AM

I think part of the reason is that the Outlander has been such a reliable vehicle. Of course over time every moving part and many electronic parts will have to be replaced over time, but apparently the parts on the Outlander are very well made and have excellent longevity.

If you want to see some living monetary nightmares of vehicles, take a look at the more popular MB and BMW forums. I know, because my wife and I were victims of a MB money pit back in the very late 1990s.

That being said, however, I think our next vehicle will be a sedan and it will be something like a Nissan Micra or Mit. Mirage auto, very basic, easy to work on, relatively inexpensive parts. AFAIK, the most basic Micra still has roll-up windows.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:52 PM

This forum is very active just not alot of problems with Mitsubishi so less new posts. If you have a question just post you will get a response