Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Alignment @ Firestone

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Default Alignment @ Firestone

It took three months, but I finally got my Tein Springs shipped from Japan. Just got them installed and notice that my alignment was off so I took it to a Firestone to get it corrected. After about an hour, the lady that was working on my car stated that she couldn't adjust my camber in the back because I don't have a camber kit...huh? Is this true? I know my car is lowered but only by two inches, but she said that there is nothing there that will allow her to adjust my camber. And that I need to go to a Mitsubishi dealership to get a camber kit....there is no such thing! Can someone help me understand? Btw, I have an '05 Outlander AWD.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Default RE: Alignment @ Firestone

Couple questions - is the alignment fixed now? Which way do you need the camber adjusted - out or in? I am assuming out - in other words you've got a bow legged Outie.

You should ask her how many degrees out it is. It might not be necessary to adjust, however if she has flagged it then it will probaby wear too much. You might look at getting a generic camber kit and having a machine shop modify the mount to fit.

Ask her if it were her car if she would get it corrected.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:42 PM

My first suggestion is dont go to firestone they are only capable of doing things by the book. My second suggestion is go to a custom suspension shop these are the people that lower vehicles for people who arent willing to take on the project themselves. Call around you may even get your answer over the phone its likely that you will need some aftermarket mod to make it work.

I had a nissan many years ago that was hit at the top of the wheel. It threw the camber off I took it to 3 shops including the dealer and a chain alignment shop the insurance wanted me to try.
Finally I found a shop that was very specialized, hard to get an appointment kind of place. They took 15 minutes to tell me the knuckle was bent, ordered a new part and it was good as new.

My point is that when you have a modification sometimes you have to beat the bushes to find someone that knows what they are talking about.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:11 PM

Being as I used to work at a firestone, I can rightly say you are wrong sir.
The employees are ASE certified techs who know what they are doing.

When you lower a vehicle. 9/10 you need an adjustable camber kit for your application.
You can find them easily on eBay.
Or you can contact Tein directly and they may have something for your Outie

Old 06-27-2007, 12:03 AM

First off, he is a she. Second, I don't think she said they didn't know what they were doing or that they weren't certified. All she said is the OP may need to go to a custom suspension shop as the diagnosis may be out of the book. Not sure why you seem to be offended - you even suggest contacting Tein directly which is what a custome shop would do.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:34 PM

hehe thanks rdenis

Old 06-28-2007, 03:21 PM

I say "GO TO FIRESTONE" for all of your automotive service and tire needs. The one near my home that I frequent did all of the modifications to my last Jeep's suspension and they solved all angle/alignment issues. They also installed an upgraded coolant system like pros. GO FIRESTONE!!