Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Alternative for MMCS- cheaper&better (EU Version)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Default Alternative for MMCS- cheaper&better (EU Version)

Hello,

Beeing my first post let me introduce myself: I live in Bucharest, Romania and my family recently bought a 2008 Outlander 2.0D Intense . We are very happy with the car and want to make some empruvements.

So let's get to business. Back here in Eastern Europe, the GPS maps are not easy to find or they don't exist at all. This is the case for factory installed Navi systems for many cars.
From my searches I found out that there are a few map makers that deliver the maps to the auto industry. None of them are intrested in my country or the Eastern Europe in general.

We had the option to buy the MMCS when we bought the car but realising that it had no maps for Romania and no hope for one soon, we thought that aprox. 3000 euros is too much for the system, so we have the stock radio-cd-mp3 .

I found on Pioneer site that a new Navi system is on the market with very good maps of all EU. So I researched the internet and really found it.

Pioneer AVIC F900BT. This unit has all off the mmcs functions but with some option extra ( ipodconnection ,sd card, usb stick, bluetooth)

So this would be great for us. Here comes the problem.

How can I install that system in the car. From what I saw I need some sort of CAN adaptor cable , some kind of wire adaptor that would match mitsu plug, a 2din plastic part for the dash ( this I cand take from the dealer, it's the same for the MMCS) and a wire adaptor for the steering wheel radio buttons.

I come to you with a question: Do you think it can be done?