Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Amp Sub specs

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:49 AM
Default Amp Sub specs

Does anyone know the specs on the sub or amp yet? Like watts of the sub?Is it a normal size sub?Power of the amp? How many channels is the amp?

I was looking into to swapping out the sub for a real 10" sub. If the sub is a noraml size sub then i can just swap one back into the spot. I also need to know the amp power so I can be sure it will push a more powerful sub.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Default RE: Amp Sub specs

Dont know about the specs on it, i do know that an xls without the rockford system pushes 300 watts, and the rockford system pushes 600 watts... I would assume that the amp is only their for the sub, but I could be wrong.
As for the size, measure it.. if its between 9.75 inches, and 10.25, then any 10 inch sub will fit.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:48 PM

No im pretty sure more than the subs run through that amp. Theres alot of wires going into it. For an amp just powering a sub all you need is a ground, power, 12v supply, 2 speaker wires going to the subs, set of wires from the headunit to the amp.Yes I know its a 10" sub, I said I was going to swap it out for a better more powerful 10" sub. I need to know the depth of it. They make a flat sub for tight spots. Its like half the depth of a normal sub. I just want to find out some of these answers with out having to take my outie apart.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:57 PM

pull it out, and check it.
thats the only way to know for sure.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:57 PM
JMC

I'm sure the amp is very basic...but I'd pull it to see what's up.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:23 PM

Yea I was trying to advoid having to pull it out and do all the dirty work. I was just hoping that someone already did it.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:56 PM

lol, I know this much, I listened to the rockford system and really wasnt all that impressed.
I got one bazooka bta 8100 in the rear now, and another on the way. it hits harder than the rockford sub does, and for another 500, I am getting a four channel alpine amp, infinity kappa components up front and infinity kappa co-axials for the rear.
it'll sound better and with a total invested cost of only 800 bucks... thats why I didnt get the rockford system

Old 03-12-2007, 01:40 AM

I went into the options and really tuned the speakers. The speakers sound pretty good. I would rather not had that option and totally put in my own system but I was inpressed with the speakers. Plus when I was looking to buy my outie, I found the only one within a few hundred miles that was in the color I wanted with navigation and HID and leather and 4x4 and the rest of the options I wanted. I bought My outie for the room and I really dont want to waste it with my 2 audiobahn 12s and my mojo amp. With that set up in my eclipse it would actually hurt your ears and throat. I got to find out whats running off the amp and whats not. Its a 9 speaker system. I would imagine its a 5 channel amp with the components sharing channels with the reg speakers like crossovers. If this is the case and everything is running off the amp, then I can pull it out and put in a memphis bell amp that is a 5 channel amp. 700 watt amp and it will be able to power a nice sub.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 AM

Antlip - mind sharing your sound settings for us non-audiophiles?

Thanks,

Rich

Old 03-12-2007, 05:56 AM
JMC

I spent a good amountof time listening to a few songs while I played with the settings. Some of the EQ setting make a huge difference. I'd say it's all up to the listener.

Quick Reply: Amp Sub specs