Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Antenna height (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/antenna-height-22411/)

richwin 09-23-2007 01:34 PM

Antenna height

Does anybody know the vehicle height to the tip of the antenna? I'm getting ready to pickup a new XLS and want to know if it'll clear my garage door frame.

biscuit 09-23-2007 05:15 PM

RE: Antenna height

Mine fits in my standard size garage with no rubbing.

soundcolor 09-23-2007 06:07 PM

its not more than 7 foot...
havent taken a tape measure to it, but it will clear a standard 9 foot door opening.

zontarh 09-23-2007 06:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Mine fits in my UK garage tightly nose to tail with plenty of space above when door is fully open

Attachment 9968

but the garage door misses my large rear wing by just 1 inch when closing. The picture below isof the stock spoiler before I fitted the large wing. I even marked the outline of the rear on the wall before I bought the car to test it for size with the door closing.

Attachment 9969

Attachment 9970

My Outie has to touch the wall at the frontotherwise it's good bye large rear wing

OTO27 09-23-2007 09:35 PM

I have to fold mine forward in order for it to clear my garage door, I'm pretty sure my door is the standard sized 1 car door.

BoldlyGoingNowhere 09-23-2007 10:02 PM

Hes talking about the XLS, I think all of them have stationary antennas.

richwin 09-24-2007 01:11 PM

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I'm guessing that it won't clear the garage opening (75") based on the comments. If that's true the then I will have to keep it folded down (assuming that the XLS ant can be folded). This is my wife's car and she's not going to be folding it and unfolding it. So, the question comes down to does anybody know how that will affect reception (Sirius too)?

BoldlyGoingNowhere 09-24-2007 01:41 PM

I think you really need to take the actual vehicle home and check the antenna. I have an early model LS and my antenna swings forward and back so I can put it where ever I want. I know theres 2 versions of antennas on the Outlanders one is stationary at something like a 90* angle or whatever that is.

Also every garage is different. At my house alone I have 3 single wide garage doors and one double wide.

The original single garage door I could get the truck in width wise barely but the door was too low. The added on single garage right next to the original is wide enough and tall enough.
Then when I went to put the truck in the barn to make room for the outie the single door on the barn is not wide enough for the truck but is plenty tall enough. Then to make matters even more stupid there is a support pole 16 ft back from the double wide opening, fine for a car but not long enough for a 21 ft long truck. I ended up parking it sideways on the double wide side which makes it a pain to work around but hey it finally fit.
[align=left] [/align]

07mivec 09-25-2007 12:02 PM

change the antenna, i got an S2000 shorty antenna on mine and it doesnt affect sound quality and it looks better.

Raptors 09-26-2007 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: 07mivec

change the antenna, i got an S2000 shorty antenna on mine and it doesnt affect sound quality and it looks better.
hmmm, i tried that on mine and it didnt look good at all. the base of the S2K is too fat for the base of the outie. it just didnt match.... do you mind posting a picture of this? im curious to see because you said it looks nice.